·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
This is an old picture of me, but yes.

In all honesty, it really doesnt get below 32 that often here... And if it does, it is usually up to 60 the very next day. So I still get out quite a bit in the winter.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts

I drove my truck to work twice in the past year. March 10th my bike battery was dead, March 12th it was raining and I was so pissed I missed the tenth, I took the truck out of spite. Not only that, I drive snow plow for the city, so when I am going to work, the streets aren't plowed yet. :naughty:

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
I need to gt the DL ready :naughty:

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
If you're going to do it, might as well take it on the ice too. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Considering my winter only get down to like 40 degrees at the worst, and no snow, why yes, i ride through the winter lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My new heated gear arrived last week. I got the Millwauki M12 lithium jacket for commutes so I don;t run down my battery with the synergy vest.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
whenever I can, don't wait for the roads to get plowed either

·
very big dumb
8,893 Posts
i'll ride if it's 40+ (cold road and ice spots are not my thing) but that's pretty much every day except a couple weeks a year. I have no problem taking the car though, no reason to get soaked just to prove a point. And my commute is 2.3 miles right now so it's not like the bike even has time to warm up

·
Registered
58 Posts
Be aware of your tires. I was out 3 years ago on my ZX6 on a 50* day. By the time I made it back home, it was in the 30's. I had been off the expressway for about 5 miles of all stop lights and stop signs. I turned left to go into the gas station and low sided. The tires and the road were ice cold.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just got some heated gloves and a first gear one piece suit so I'm planning on it. I won't be riding in the snow though. DC Metro drivers get dumb when the white stuff starts to fall, so I don't want to be on two wheels with them.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I ride when the roads are clear.

I would try riding with snow on the ground, if I got tires for it, but I don't trust the other driver's around me enough. They get into retarded accident's all the time.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I would try riding with snow on the ground, if I got tires for it, but I don't trust the other driver's around me enough. They get into retarded accident's all the time.
You would be surprised how much room you get when they think you are f***ing nuts for riding in the snow. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts