Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that winter is setting in, what is on your SV to do list?

My '06: I'll probably just check the valves since I hit 30,000 recently, and need my tank re-painted.

Wife's '00: Plan on re-jetting, probably snorkelectomy, maybe a K&N, dual headlights (if I can get some for a good price), new mini-fairing, and would really like to put new springs/emulators on the front and new shock for the rear as long as the wallet holds up.

Wife's bike has so many things to do, I feel like I'm neglecting mine now. :(

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
im gonna be doing a handlebar conversion on my svs. not that its really winter for me down here lol. but thats what i have coming up.

·
Registered
788 Posts
OMG Clean IT!!!! I have a years worth of dirt and crime and oil on it. Other than that, I'm throwing a light kit on it and research having a spare battery dock installed someplace...maybe just under the rear seat

New tires, tune up, paint touch ups, clutch lever, DIY decals. What do you think about some type of rack to store extra emergency fuel canisters?

·
Registered
842 Posts
A bracket somewhere on the bike that I can have a spare battery sit in. Only place I can think of is under the tail

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
That's kinda what I thought you meant, but couldn't see any reason for carrying a spare battery. Most batteries should last 4+ years so there isn't any reason to add 10+ pounds to the bike.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
I'll be working on heat management, mostly. Adding an air scoop and wrapping my headers. I might look I to tuning the ECM myself using ecmspy software, it's running lean. As far as fun stuff is concerned, I want to debadge the air box (where fuel tank is on SV), add tank grips and possibly get some cnc levers. For now heat management is my first priority, I'm concerned I won't be able to have kids after another season on the FurnaceBolt.

·
Registered
788 Posts
That's kinda what I thought you meant, but couldn't see any reason for carrying a spare battery. Most batteries should last 4+ years so there isn't any reason to add 10+ pounds to the bike.
In case the stator goes maybe. Or if you need the extra power for electronics while camping.

But mostly the stator. My zx died on me twice. I know the sv is more sturdier but I'm traumatized. The second no start took AAA 4 hours to get to me.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
R/R restructure (have the FH008 in my hands, now to dig in) and some harness upgrades while I'm in there. (maybe headlight cut-off as well)

·
Registered
788 Posts
nice. might look into these
The instructions say to peel off your grips and put them under. Instead I just taped them on top. Easy install. I didn't connect the low high switch either.

These things get hot! With winter gloves on I would get second degree burns if I didn't let them go to air cool. Just Mae sure to reinforce the tape where the wires and heat pad connect. It disconnects easily.

·
very big dumb
9,048 Posts
I have a bit to do...

SV:
find a clean tank without dings
find windshield
find S headlight without damage
find right clipon without holes (I have drilled too many holes changing switches and need to propoerly place the kill switch still)

then it will be clean and fresh with no damaged parts!
wheel bearings, fork oil/engine oil/coolant/etc. but that's regular maintenance

nsr: entire set of new fairings, figure out the cause of it loading up

crf: clean it, probably bearings, new bar, new levers controls.

roma258's track bike: fix the results of a dozen offs last season.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts