Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while and sadly I'm not real happy with my 72 Kawasaki tail. I tried to make it do to many things hence it does none well... It's not very comfy, the seat is too long (aesthetically speaking) but still doesn't fit two people, also the gas tank completely clashes with the lines and though I originally planned to fabricate a different tank I've decided it will be *way* easier to swap the tail again.

I also want to re-shape my bike this winter... I want to go even further out then I've already gone. Price is barely an obstacle though I'm not interested in changing forks or wheels. Paint and full powder coating is on the agenda and lighting may be on the list too. The bike will either stay naked or I might consider full fairings if I can find ultra-bizarre.

I want to build a show stopper, something no one has ever seen before... not some main-stream streetfighter but a one of a kind "break the mould" pHReAk...

I'm currently considering the following...

powder coated frame and swing arm lip-stick RED
powder coat fork legs, rear-sets and triple clamps black
I want the wheels 2 different colors but haven't decided what colors yet
A very small, cut down race tail (solo seat), probably or a mid 90's GSXR or late 90's F4i
2 tone paint (black being one color, the other is still undecided)
Dual exhaust?

I'd like input, if there's someone with automotive styling & design experience I'd definitely value your help... the same with you graphic artists (Quintin, that means you!! ;D )

·
Registered
745 Posts
Give me a few days, I live for this kinda stuff. I'll post you up some pictures when I get home. If you wanna go full blown StReEtFiGhTeR, I deffinately wanna help. ;D

V

·
0 Posts
I love the F4i tail, you got my vote for that. And LESS faux carbon fiber, MORE real carbon fiber.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish I had some ideas, I'll be sure to let you know if I come up with anything.

Judging from your current creation, I can't wait to see what kind of Frankenbike you've come up with by spring. ;D

K

·
0 Posts
Man this is going to be so cool :)

I am not very creative so I cant help much, but I will be cheering you on the entire way.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
uh-oh...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
stranger said:
i think you need to go with a sv chopper. extended forks, gorilla handlebars, etc.
You mean Ape-Hangers? First time I ever heard them reffered to as "gorilla handlebars".

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
tonyjuliano said:
You mean Ape-Hangers?  First time I ever heard them reffered to as "gorilla handlebars".
hey, gimme a break - you figured out what i meant, didntja?

besides i was having a senior moment typing that and couldn't remember what they were called.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
bob tail & old tractor style saddle

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RandyO said:
bob tail & old tractor style saddle
That's funny... I already did a hack of just that in paint.

Tony; lighten up on Josh, you know he's "special" ;D (j/k!)

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stranger said:
i think you need to go with a sv chopper. extended forks, gorilla handlebars, etc.
I never like the ape hangers.
And I already did a chopper... I definitely want to keep the suspension agile and sporty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fur would be cool, but if you want to really be different put on something that looks like alligator or snakeskin.

I think that would be pretty original, plus it would look hardcore. Not sure how you would do it, you'd almost have to cover the plastics in some sort of latex like material, and then make a mold to stamp onto it to give it that tough leathery look. Unless you could figure out some sort of way to do it with fiberglass and bondo. I'm just spouting off. I'll stop for now.

An undertail exaust would be cool too, I've always been a big fan of them.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! go you with the photochop! ;D

I like it all except for the HUGE bubbly back section of the tail. I think the wheels could be a little more obnoxious as well.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mellow, does punkjumper know you've stolen his frame idea? :)

I'd cast another vote for the undertail exhaust, FWIW.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Think: Duc Monster - style dual high-mounts.
True Vintage Cafe' style race tail. Browse this link:
http://sundialmotosport.com/Customer_Bikes.htm

Since you're talking about a real bobbed seat, (add a hugger, too) you might think aout having a stinger underseat exhaust bent up with your present can... the real challenge will be installing tail light(s) and signals.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts