Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sonic springs, 20 wt oil, GSXR 1000 shock swap, powdercoating of misc silver bracketry.

Before:

After:

Headlight ring, headlight ears, and radiator shrouds

Chain adjuster plates and swingarm ends

Sprocket and sprocket carrier

Oh, and I sprayed the fork tubes flat black to match.

·
Registered
647 Posts
love the fork tubes being black. i did the exact same thing with everything on my bike (had it powder-coated black). looks way better IMO.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple, yet surprisingly attractive!
Thanks!! I think it looks like a totally different bike.

Next winter: coat the triples, and paint the exhaust/engine black

Now: tune the suspension so I'm confident/comfortable on the bike. It'll be a while, too.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
svotm

·
Registered
856 Posts
alternating black and silver is definitely a great way to go i really like the forks in black, i have a black carbon fender and i think it would be to much to go to black legs i should 1000 grit sand mine and polish the heck out of them, all black is kind of dumb my friend did his honda(car) like that,yuk, nice alternating of silver and black and bits of gold here and there is my plan, i want one of those stealth/did sproket chain kits. I just repolished the rear brake rod i machined out of 7075 billet because it got kind of oxidized even in my garage i masked it off and painted the rounded groove that sort of gives it an I beam profile ,nice. How about black crowns er triple clamps ?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
It'd look even better with a Carbon Fiber M4 ;D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
alternating black and silver is definitely a great way to go i really like the forks in black, i have a black carbon fender and i think it would be to much to go to black legs i should 1000 grit sand mine and polish the heck out of them, all black is kind of dumb my friend did his honda(car) like that,yuk nice alternating of silver and black and bits of gold here and there, i want one of those stealth/did sproket chain kits. I just repolished the rear brake rod i machined out of 7075 billet because it got kind of oxidized even in my garage i masked it off and painted the rounded groove that sort of gives it an I beam profile ,nice. How about black crowns er triple clamps ?
wut?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'd look even better with a Carbon Fiber M4 ;D

agreed!! the one on it came with the bike. Maybe when i get my tax return

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alternating black and silver is definitely a great way to go i really like the forks in black, i have a black carbon fender and i think it would be to much to go to black legs i should 1000 grit sand mine and polish the heck out of them, all black is kind of dumb my friend did his honda(car) like that,yuk, nice alternating of silver and black and bits of gold here and there is my plan, i want one of those stealth/did sproket chain kits. I just repolished the rear brake rod i machined out of 7075 billet because it got kind of oxidized even in my garage i masked it off and painted the rounded groove that sort of gives it an I beam profile ,nice. How about black crowns er triple clamps ?
Thanks!! I think it looks like a totally different bike.

Next winter: coat the triples, and paint the exhaust/engine black

Now: tune the suspension so I'm confident/comfortable on the bike. It'll be a while, too.

see "Next winter" above

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow. That looks SO much better. I sometimes wonder what the manufacturers are thinking when it comes to their paint schemes. It's not like it costs more money to make it look good. Could I ask what you used to paint your fork legs? I would do the same to mine in a heartbeat if there is a good spray that will hold up. Or did you have them powdered? Great job.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow. That looks SO much better. I sometimes wonder what the manufacturers are thinking when it comes to their paint schemes. It's not like it costs more money to make it look good. Could I ask what you used to paint your fork legs? I would do the same to mine in a heartbeat if there is a good spray that will hold up. Or did you have them powdered? Great job.

I used Rusto Painter's Touch Flat Black. Sanded the tubes w/ some fine grit sand paper, to make them pourous. Then I put about 10 coats. Looks great, matches the frame/powdercoat pretty well. We'll see how it stands up to the test of time.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
The carbon does finish off the yellow/black theme well. I painted my lower forks and it finished off the look. Nice job.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
me likey!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts