Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought "Pokerun Winter Long Leather Gloves" for my winter rides - I commute daily in the winter here in CO. They work fine for up to 10 miles around 15 degrees fahrenheit. I rode twice in 0 degree weather and they were only comfortable for about 1.5 miles before my fingers went numb. The only downside is that they are fairly thick, so you lose some "road-feel"...but that's to be expected for winter gloves. For any longer rides, you'd certainly need to get heated gear (on which I have no experience).

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
start with the Web Foots Body Sock

windstopper balaclava

addd heated jacket liner, heated grips, good winter motorcycle (not snowmobile) gloves

·
Registered
443 Posts
tear the guts out of a 12volt electric blanket and stitch the heating element into your jacket and plug it in(or fuse and wire it to your battery with SAE adapters(the plugs used with battery tenders) in-line so you can disconnect.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I just run my regular gear plus a sweatshirt and maybe a long sleeve under my jacket cuz it's fully perforated and tends to get a little chilly. Then again I'm in northern Cali so it doesn't get nearly as bad here as it does other places.

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely going to get the balaclava.

I don't ride that far; I mostly use the bike to commute to work about 10 miles away. I don't ride above 50-60 mph.

Nate4s, it seems like your situation is similar to mine. Any other gear you'd recommend?

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
There is a BUNCH of threads covering winter riding tips.

Use the SEARCH thing.

·
Registered
788 Posts
My secret is heated grips and long underwear.

Might get a heated vest this year.
Cycle gear heated grips for $20. With winter gloves on feels like I'm holding a metal pipe that just came out the fire. They're that hot!

+1 Long undies

Bilt rain gear. Pants are $20. Good wind protection

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use a $2 balaclava from rkymtnatv. I don't know if the more expensive ones are any better or not. Then I cut the top off a $1 stocking hat and slide it over my neck. Works great.
Quad Boss atv hippo hands work REAL nice on most bikes if you can get them to fit right.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts