Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I found a 08 standard SV, will sell my 07 SV650S, question is maybe some users here can give me some ideas on a windshield that has some nice style to it and function and not look sort of out of place.

Chet

so my 07 is going to be in the bike for sale section

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
We don't need no stinking windshield. The headlight fairing that God gave Suzuki since 2005 is nearly perfect for a naked bike. Ducati are ashamed that they couldn't design a headlight fairing as good as Suzuki's. However, if it is a Buell flyscreen, then it is cool. Especially if you have dual headlights.

Learn to become one with the wind. N riders spit in the face of windshields. Unless you commute long distances, then it is OK to have a proper windshield, but don't expect it to be electrically adjustable.

I got nothing.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Why go from an s to an n, then put a windshield on it??

Maybe I'm missing something.

At first (this is my first bike) the wind blast over 60mph was an eye opener, but I got use to it very quickly.

I've never piloted a bike with wind protection so I don't know what I'm missing, but for now I'm perfectly happy being out there. If I get tired of it (very rarely, and only after a few hours) I'll cinch my spine protector tight and tuck in. The whole experience is quite nice on my otherwise trashed back.

Do you have much experience on the n without a screen? If not you may really enjoy the sensation of the wind. ;)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I used to ride a cruiser with no screen...loved it as much as I do riding my SVS. You get used to it no matter what you're riding. Long trips tend to make you tired from fighting the wind though...especially when heading into the wind. As far as a screen, I'd suggest the MRA Vario Touring windscreen. They have for both the N and S models. Here's a link to a thread that has pics of both N and S models with the MRA Vario screen. http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99120

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a 05 that my husbad put a windshield on for me because we did a lot of long distance trips and I loved it. But I am 58yrs and I don't like all the bugs hitting me and like some protection when I get caught in the rain. He made a windshield off a Vstrom fit and it looked OK I thought. Not sure how to post a picture but will be glad to e-mail you one if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts