Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on the site and didn't find too many photos of the naked SV with windshields. My wife is complaining when she's on the highway there's a lot of wind resistance so I'm looking for pictures of some of the windshields out there.

I personally think they are a bit ugly ;) and say the smaller the one the better but it would still have to be functional. I saw the F-16 and F-15 already...they look okay, but is there anything else out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Givi's website has a lot of choices, most with pics on an SV. Puig's website is harder to navigate, but thay also have a few choices for the SV, with pics. Powerbronze also has some, but they are not as nice, IMO.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The Givi a240 is nice...just a little odd how it hangs over the top of the headlight. Givi makes narrower models (A200 and/or A210). I have not seen posts on here with those models though.
A750 is probably the most popular, but it's a tad large.

There is a .pdf file I think on this site somewhere (not in a msg forum) showing the various screens...search in google and you'll find it. The earlier post may have pointed to it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
the givi a750 is a good screen. i don't have an SV (yet!) but i've seen it on a lot of SV's and (i think) they look good. nice size that really gets the wind off your chest but doesn't overpower the look of the bike. i think Givi used to even have color matched ones 'cuz they were so popular with SV owners. they're good quality too. i had one of those LP cafe fairings and that was garbage compared to Givi stuff. i also had the National Cycle f15 or f16 and was not that impressed with those either.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could always do what I did for my track bike... take a buddy's crashed Yamy R1 windshield, chop it with a dremel tool, bolt it to a couple of aluminum strips purchased at the hardware store, add paint, and presto... instant red neck fairing ;). Think this cost me a total of $10 bucks plus a buddy's pride.

Same as what's on my avatar. Makes for a real conversation piece at the track :).

http://forum.svrider.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=284&limit=recent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts