Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know if a decent looking windshield is available for the 05 650N model?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I asked that question too, no responce. As I would like to replace the dark small shield that comes with the 05 naked for a clear one.

~DR

·
Registered
571 Posts
i don't think you can swap out the dark screen on the stock mini fairing if that is what you are asking.

if you want a whole new fairing check out givi. when i had a naked i was going to go that way. they have several models that look really good on the bike. i think oneida suzuki carries them. www.oneidasuzuki.com

if not go directly to givi's website. i think it is www.giviusa.com or something like that.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Windshield -- No, No No!!!
Windscreen yes.

Just to make sure we never has an SV with one of those 2-by-3 sheets of plastic going down the highway. That is to be prevented at all cost for all that is SV.

I have a first gen, and a Givi 750 looks great and gets the wind off me fairly well. You will need to drop them a note and see if it will fit on the later model with the more integrated gages and the little whatever it is that is to be a bug screen. Perhaps someone else here knows for certain.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you do some searching, you'll find many threads on wind screens for both gen 1 and 2 SVs. In my sig you can see the Givi A755 mounted on my '03 naked 650. Makes for much more enjoyable highway cruising and makes the bike look a bit better IMHO.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
GIVI A755

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I'll check those shields out. What I want to find is a clear shield to replace the dark mini one that comes the 05 and 06 naked SV.

~DR

·
Registered
60 Posts
OldGuyOnBlu said:
Windscreen yes.

Just to make sure we never has an SV with one of those 2-by-3 sheets of plastic going down the highway. That is to be prevented at all cost for all that is SV.

I have a first gen, and a Givi 750 looks great and gets the wind off me fairly well. You will need to drop them a note and see if it will fit on the later model with the more integrated gages and the little whatever it is that is to be a bug screen. Perhaps someone else here knows for certain.
I dunno...I just put a National Cycle "Deflector Screen DX" on my '05 naked. That, along with the Chase Harper Stealth saddle bags I bought from Tony J make my nekkid bike, I guess, fully dressed?

I'll post some pics this weekend...

·
Registered
330 Posts
In order for a windshield / fairing to be truly effective your horizon sightline needs to be about 2" over the top of the windshield. That makes the airstream just skim over the top of your helmet. You can ride a lot faster and farther when you are not "beaten up" by the wind.

Zak

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I got he givi 755 and love most of the time. But at freeway speed i can still feel the wind on my helmet. If i have a second choice now i think i would have gone with the 760 as it offer a bit more wind protection not much but just might be enough. But even the 755 is a great one, a big diffrence at speed. You dont feel like someone is trying to push you off your bike. My next buy would be a givi e21 cases so i can carry some of my stuff with me and im all set.

Alex

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
OldGuyOnBlu said:
Windscreen yes.

Shoulda told that to this guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Searching the site looking for info on windscreens for a naked SV650, I found this thread. I bought a Givi 750, but can't figure out how to mount it to the bike. I can see where the brackets fit on the screen, but can't figure out how to attach it to the mount from which the stock piece came off of. Or does that come off?

If anyone has a pic to post, or can describe how to do it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 39 Posts