Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering replacing the tiny screen on my '05 naked. I don't like the look of big screens, but do not want to make a change unless there will be a noticeable benefit.

I like the look of the Givi A200 (11.5"x12") and A210 (13.4"x11.6"). Anyone out there have either of these? Do they help? I don't mind the stock setup too much, but if I can get some relief without a ridiculous looking 2'x3' shield I will do it.

Enjoy the weekend SVers. Cheers.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i have the same question..the sv naked at 80mph plus buffets the hell out of you with wind..i hear givi makes some nice windsheilds although i personally did not like the look of them...as far as functionalirty it depends on the size and angle of the screen

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
They do make a big difference, I got the Givi A755 and its great!

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
SV in Big D said:
I like the look of the Givi A200 (11.5"x12") and A210 (13.4"x11.6"). Anyone out there have either of these? Do they help?
Actually, I'm going to sell the one I have (it's either the A200 or A210) b/c I bought a bigger one (either a 750 or 755- can't remember). PM me if you want to buy it.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
SV in Big D said:
I am considering replacing the tiny screen on my '05 naked.
When you replace the stock one, I would be interested in it if you want to sell. thx.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Having been invoved in the Motorcycle Fairing industry for the last 34 years this is my humble opinion:

If you want to truly change the airflow around your head the windshield has to be approximately 2 inches below your horizon sightline for the seating position you are in. One of the often overlooked factors in fairing protection is the fact that you are simply less "tired" when riding behind a fairing with adequate wind protection. This lessening of fatigue allows you spend more of your attention on riding well and you end up being able to ride faster and longer. One of the bike magazines a couple years ago did some track times between full on sport bikes and sport touring bikes and the difference was not all that great between the two.

If you like to spend a lot of time in the saddle get a fairing that protects your head as well as your torso. You will end up paying attention to your riding instead of the wind.

Zak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts