Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Windscreen Solution?

Has anyone come across a windscreen for their Gladius? Suzuki has one; I'm not completely into the look of it and the msrp is nearly $200 which is nuts. If they made a body colored one so it would go with cafe/naked/euro styling, it might be worth $200.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Let's see some pics of your gladius first of all... other then that, there's not a lot of aftermarket products available yet. Keep an eye on ebay and perhaps puig (don't know any other screen manufacturers by head). Another option (albeit not cheap) would be to buy the SV OEM screen and get it painted to match. Just my .02 ;)

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the only picture I have so far. It has rained every day since I picked it up so I haven't been able to do much riding that would be good fodder for writing a review. It is a very nimble bike, feels light and very well balanced. I am not as familiar with the prior generations of SV650s but the Gladius has a digital instrument cluster including a gear indicator which, to my knowledge, has not been noted in any of the reviews or specs.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I have to give credit to Mark at Oregon Power Sports...when I found out about the Gladius they were one of the many dealerships I talked to looking for one; I think he rode on their supplier until they made it happen.

I just want some better weather to ride in!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Nice bike, cappler. Welcome to SVR.

So, it rains every day in Oregon this time of year? We are just getting into the rainy season here in S. Fla. Ride safe.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We live in what is considered the "high desert" so it rains a lot in the spring time; okay for riding, great for everything else. There is also this weird stuff the locals call ice fog (literally fog that ices over everything) which makes the pavement really slick in the am. By the end of May things get very dry around here until late September so I shouldn't complain.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
very nice. now be the first to trick it out...start by removing the big silver frame covers and a full exhaust ;)

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
very nice bike Cappler ;) thanks for the pic. And of course Welcome to SVR!!! We should give here a free svrider.com sticker for having the first gladius on the forum hehe

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm all about free stickers. ;D Thanks for the info. I did see the suzuki one, I don't dislike it and realize if comes direct from suzuki it should be pretty nice; still, I have hopes that something better might come along.

BTW - I look it out Sunday and was in a headwind with rain/snow and I think a little windscreen would definitely help -- a lot.

I'll keep you all posted thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Nice bike, congratulations.

I think we are all just dying to see what it looks like under those frame covers. Maybe take at least one side off for a good picture?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Pendleton. Tuesday we had 50-60 mph winds and it snowed here yesterday, bad weather just hangs in this valley. I have my fingers crossed for the nice forecast Sunday.

In regard to removing the side panels, if the weather is nice I'll try to get some pics to satisfy everyone's curiosity.

BTW - I now have a 2007 Ninja 250 up for sale, new last season, 5,503 miles, very well loved; I would love to keep it for the 73 mpg but we don't have enough room to properly store it with the new bike...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
In regard to removing the side panels, if the weather is nice I'll try to get some pics to satisfy everyone's curiosity.
Well, if you have the toolbox near the machine anyway... Care to remove the radiatior - ehm, what do you call that in english - shrouds? Or at least one?

Ciao
Jan

1 - 20 of 60 Posts