Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a ZG windscreen this week and am trying to install it. I got the old windscreen out, but I have no idea how to get those rubber fasteners in place.. help?

Yes, I know I fail at life.. but plz help!

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I've never done this, but if you are referring to the well-nuts, they should just push back into place after you position the new screen.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
very easy.. put your hand on the back side of the screen to support it, put the screw in the rubber thing but don't tighten, then just push it through.. pushing on the screw helps the rubber stretch and pop right in.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
if they have never been out and are fairly tight, they may be almost wasted and next to impossible to get into the new screen. i use a small pair of needle nose pliers, small enough to make it through the diameter of the hole on the screen and small enough to fit into the threads but not so they go all the way through. just be gentle and push hard to get them into the new one. do it that way at my work all the time.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) I was able to get it taken care of.. I ended up sliding the bolt into the rubber piece (but not threading it) and pushing.. i guess just having the pressure be uniform across the top helped out a lot. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts