Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

windscreen incompatible???

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  soulpatch 
#1 ·
I bought a windscreen from fleabay that was said to be an 03-07 windscreen to fit a sv650 or 1000...

I got it in and it is a lockhart screen but the tag states a 03 sv650/1000

I have a 207 SV1K and tried to pop it in anyway today but to no avail. Am I missing somethign or is it really not compatible?

And if not anyone want a dark tint windscreen???

#5 ·
I tried sliding this in and the holes did not match up on the one side at all. The top screws could go in and the bottom screw on one side only would work. The other ones were slightly off and were not able to be used.

Even lockhart says it is for 03-05 whereas their other screens say till 08...

I have no issues gettin any screens in on my other bikes nor getting either of the two OEM ones I have in...They all slide in easily.

#16 ·
soulpatch, it's hard for me to explain, but i guess put them azz to azz? with the bubbles on each facing outwards. if the holes line up, the new should be fine----might need a little more force to put in. mine was a pain to put in too when i took the front cowling apart.

#17 ·
Some screens take a little persuasion. That is the correct screen, just sounds like hole placement was less than perfect during manufacturing. I have had to use a small screw driver to line up before on some bikes/screens.

#18 ·
Last night I was at work late so it was dark by the time I made it home to look at this all. I will get to it tonight.

I figure no matter what I will just dremel it to make it work. I bought the screen for all of $28 or so, so I figure I could almost destroy it without any worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.