Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windscreen for '03 Naked - Please Recommend

Bought a universal but will need to mod quite a bit - which I'd enjoy - but  the wind will hit too low on this one so I'd rather sell and get a better fit.  Thanks for any leads.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Windscreen for '03 Naked - Please Recommend

The OEM looks good IMHO:

·
Registered
3 Posts

motonymph said:
Bought a universal but will need to mod quite a bit - which I'd enjoy - but the wind will hit too low on this one so I'd rather sell and get a better fit. Thanks for any leads.
I have a Givi A750 for sale, blue, perfect fit for an '03. PM for details

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Here's a Givi 755 on mine. I was happy with it. It wouold look lot better color matched of course.

·
Registered
667 Posts

Off Topic: evile, the Salad Fingers cartoon was the freakiest thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
231 Posts

I've got the Suzuki sport shield on mine. I believe it looks cool on the naked SV.
However the Givi 755 looks more functional and like it would block more wind for the sport touring type.
Cheers! 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts

I just put a Givi 760 on my '03 naked blue. It's a bit bigger than the 755, but does come in color-matching blue. Did about 600 miles last weekend and it helped a lot. I'm at work, so I don't have pics available.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

planetom said:
I just put a Givi 760 on my '03 naked blue. It's a bit bigger than the 755, but does come in color-matching blue. Did about 600 miles last weekend and it helped a lot. I'm at work, so I don't have pics available.
What's the wind noise like with the 760?

·
Registered
38 Posts

Jimmyd
The wind noise and turbulence at helmet level may be a bit more than before, but not annoying. But then if I'm going more than a short distance I wear earplugs. I'm 5'8" and sitting upright the wind hits about mid helmet. On a couple cool mornings I did notice much less cool air blowing up into the helmet from the chin area. For long highway rides it is much more comfortable.
I originally was going to get the 755,it's a little smaller and would probably be fine, but it doesn't come in blue. Flat black, gloss black, and silver. If you have a silver naked the 755 will match.v I'm a lousy painter, and to get it matched would have cost more than the $30 difference to the 760. Even buying the Color-rite paint and attempting it myself would have been about even cost-wise, and I'd still be trusting my iffy paint skills. Give me a nice mechanical or electrical problem to solve, keep the painting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts