Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

yes , i searched in the forum but not able to conclude if this fits my sv.

i ordered these two

chain and rear sprocket

Renthal 150U-520-49GBBK Ultralight Black 49 Tooth Rear Sprocket

Renthal C128 R1 Works 520-Pitch 120-Links Chain

my questions
will they fit
do i have to change my front sprocket or can i do it later

please advice, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Well, From the product page which has a "Will it fit my bike" listing, It shows that the sprocket WILL NOT fit a 2007 Suzuki SV650.

The chain will be okay only if you can find both of the the correct 520 pitch sprockets.

The stock chain/sprockets are #525 pitch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is the first time im upgrading a motorcycle,
i think it said WILLNOT because OEM sprocket is 45t and these are 49t, correct me if im wrong.
what is the diameter/bolt setup stock sprockets, how can i find out.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
You don't have to change the front sprocket, though most will advise that you do. If it says it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit.

Or, better yet, instead of asking us, who DON'T sell the product, call the company that DOES sell the product.

You can find out the diameter and bolt layout by measuring it with...a ruler.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i think it said WILLNOT because OEM sprocket is 45t and these are 49t, correct me if im wrong.
what is the diameter/bolt setup stock sprockets, how can i find out.
dtw, I'm almost 100 percent sure that they're referring to the bolt pattern when they say that it won't fit.

You should be able to cancel that order if you log back in and hit "cancel order" and Amazon will cancel it for you. Just choose the "ordered in error" choice under "reason for cancelling" and they'll take it off the order.

Do more researching for the correct sprocket setup. I would start here. -->http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

I would cancel that entire order and start over. :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
JB, If he's going for #520 pitch from a #525 pitch, then he would need to change that front sprocket also. Correct?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I recommend shopping with Blair @svracingparts.com or many other online retailers! Or next time put your bike in the search of what fits. If you want a 520 kit just buy a all in one kit!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yes, this is correct. I glossed over it because I figured if a person was changing one to another size, they would be intelligent enough to know they needed to change the other.
Yup, That's what I thought. I'm just trying to save a newbie the grief of having to return incorrect parts. I'm most forgiving of newbs when it comes to these things. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i tried to get the dimensions of the one i have but no where to be found.
motorcycle superstore sells renthal sprockets but does not give out specs. it is crazy
shucks,,, i read some where lighter the better and aluminum ones are lighter so i ordereed them.
i got a long way to go before i get a good understanding of motorcycles.
thank you all
any way , i printed the return label to send em back to amazon,yes it was stupid i already ordered and posted the question on the forum, it should have been other way around..........

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
520 chain & sprockets is not and "upgrade" even though chain is just as strong as 525, sprockets are not, initial cost may be less for 520, cost per mile will be more

modifications are not necessarily upgrades

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
i tried to get the dimensions of the one i have but no where to be found.
motorcycle superstore sells renthal sprockets but does not give out specs. it is crazy
shucks,,, i read some where lighter the better and aluminum ones are lighter so i ordereed them.
i got a long way to go before i get a good understanding of motorcycles.
thank you all
any way , i printed the return label to send em back to amazon,yes it was stupid i already ordered and posted the question on the forum, it should have been other way around..........
lighter does not = better, theoreticly less rotating mass = quicker acceleration but the difference is so slight, you prolly cant even pick it up on a dyno

aluminum = wear out faster, or rather a LOT faster

the biggest advantage for 520 is at the track, where trackside vendors generally have more 520 bits available as spares, there is zero advantage on the street unless bling is important to you, you have bragging rights to "racing sprockets"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
randy_o thanks man, no more aluminum, but as i already bought the chain, might as well keep it ? or i will just send everything back.
off1 , thank you ..... good link to ebay.
sprocket center etc places have em but well above my budget . this is a good set
will see if i can order just the 520 sprockets,if im keeping the chain .
i am going 15t and 49t i know , just for one two seasons, i want see how it feels with this kinda set up :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts