Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Vortex 41mm clip-ons fit my '05 SV650S? What will it do to the handle bar reach? I'm trying to get a more relaxed ride on my S. A set of these are listed on ebay and just wondering if they will work.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
They will fit, but you may have interference with with the fairing.
They will lower your hands and push them forward, making you more crouched over, putting more of your body weight on your wrists.
If your looking to go more relaxed, get a naked triple and get some suburban machinery bars, or some clipon risers of some sort.
I personally think the naked triple/SM bars would be cheaper...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the same clip ons installed on my 04 SV - mine was an S model but I converted it to naked so I dont have any clearance problems, unless you want to trim the front fairing quite a bit they will rub. I honestly find the riding position more comfortalbe than the stock clip ons, have the ability to set the width, angle and height make a big difference on my wrists...plus with the rearset relocators the riding position is much more agressive. You can see how low they are in the pics.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
As dackler said.. if you want a more relaxed riding position you can go with a set of naked bars and top triple. Or you can do Sun riders or Honda CBR F3 clip ons or a set of Heli bars...

Lots of options. You can find links to these on the SVRider.com links page. I believe Sun Risers is a sponsor also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts