Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time to replace the stock MeZ4 front tire on my '02 SV and (having been digging through a lot of old threads) I've decided to go with a with a 120/60 Roadtech Z6.

My question is simple: Will the Z6 play nicely with the MeZ4 that's one the rear now? The Z4 still has plenty of tread left so I don't want to replace it quite yet.

A followup: If it's better to replace the rear with a Z6, will it at least be okay to use the Z6/Z4 combination for a little while, or will this be unsafe?

And a related question: I didn't notice at the time but it looks like they put on a 160/70 MeZ4 for the rear last time as opposed to a 160/60. Is this a problem? Is there anything I should know about this, especially as it relates to having the 120/60 Z6 up front?

In case it matters, I primarily ride on the highway (mostly commuting). I don't ride track or get up to the twisties on the bike. I do ride all year, including in the rain.

I'm getting the Z6 put on tomorrow morning and I want to make sure I do what I can to help keep the bike tire side down. I look forward to any advice. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem..
I see you ride in the rain. I found the Z4's to be kinda scary on wet roads. You sure you don't want to get a new Z6 rear too????

·
Registered
80 Posts
Its ok, the only thing you dont want ever to realy do is get a stickier tyre on the rear than the front.

e.g.

Front Z6 & Rear M1 = not safe
Front M1 & Rear Z6 = safe

Front Very sticky tyre & Rear less sicky than front = safer
Front Very less sticky tyre than rear & Rear less very sticky = not safe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts