Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
In the same sense as the gsxr shocks fit (you need to hack the battery box and may need to change dogbone length) It might actually still be too soft.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to change the rear shock for racing. normally i would just throw a penske on (like my last one) and be done with it. but penske has upped their prices and the new $800 price tag is a little high so im looking for a good less expensive alternative. even if it was 1/2 as much i would be happy.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
i need to change the rear shock for racing. normally i would just throw a penske on (like my last one) and be done with it. but penske has upped their prices and the new $800 price tag is a little high so im looking for a good less expensive alternative. even if it was 1/2 as much i would be happy.
If you absolutely must swap in a shock from another bike, go with a gsx-r or ninja one (depends on your weight and the generation of your bike. check the FAQ)

Did you look for any used stuff on the WERA bbs?

If it's for racing I can't see why you wouldn't pony up the extra jack for a performance shock.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
at least its adjustable though
If the length, spring rate, and damping are wrong exactly what benefit does it being "adjustable" provide??

Even for moderate street use there aren't any good OEM shock swap options for the first gen SVs, for racing use it's absolutely not worth considering.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the length, spring rate, and damping are wrong exactly what benefit does it being "adjustable" provide??

Even for moderate street use there aren't any good OEM shock swap options for the first gen SVs, for racing use it's absolutely not worth considering.
i was just curious. they both have *similar* geometrys so i thought that the 1k would be a little stiffer but adjustable. but if its gonna be the same as a GSXR swap then ill have to start saving

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you absolutely must swap in a shock from another bike, go with a gsx-r or ninja one (depends on your weight and the generation of your bike. check the FAQ)

Did you look for any used stuff on the WERA bbs?

If it's for racing I can't see why you wouldn't pony up the extra jack for a performance shock.
WERA is the only place i havent looked. trust me i want a penske, but the last time i bought one for an SV it was $600 at the most...now its $800. that really cuts into my budget for the front end and tires and bodywork, blah, blah, blah....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.