Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one for my car but no good place to mount it on my bike for the rare occasion I need it. I've heard they are pretty sensitive so i was wondering if anyone has tried it in their jacket pocket?

I've heard tank bags are hit and miss so i would assume the jacket approach is the same?

Sent from my smart telephone

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Sometimes. But most people I know just let the camera take pics of their plate to bill them and don't even take the transponder on the bike.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you add the bike to your account they just bill you for the toll amount not the toll violation amount right?

Sent from my smart telephone

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Yes, if you register your bike/plate, they bill you the toll, not the violation.

I hardly carry mine, I've carried it a few times in a backpack and it has picked it up.

Carrying it in the tank or tail bag is hit or miss.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure you can use the same ezpass for two different classes of vehicle. Bike toll on Port Authority bridges and tunnels is $1 cheaper than car, and it's half price on the NYS Thruway and less than half on the NYC bridges and tunnels. Mine is in the tank bag and it's pretty much hit or miss, so they just go by the license plate photo.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
374 Posts
I got pulled over for going through the Lincoln tunnel ez pass without it on me despite it being registered. I got two tickets. One for toll evasion which is tunnel cost plus 35. The other for failure to follow road signs since it says ez pass only lane. I'm going to court in sept for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts