Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to order a new subframe for my 05 SVS from ron ayers and to my surprise the part isnt available yet. I gave them the part number I got off Oneida and he said its a valid number but the part is on back order. He said he thinks the difference may only be that the 05 subframe is just painted black and the '04 subframe should fit. I told him I would ask around online and call him back monday. I really need this peice its all bent to hell. Anybody have any answers for me?

this is the part here

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Onieda's website claims to have it but I havent called them up. The guy at ron ayers said they werent even available from suzuki yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
dynagroove said:
04 subframe should fit perfectly, but like you said it's silver. the 03 subframe is different (& steel). - jeff h
So the 04 frame is aluminum? I know its shaped differently, as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yup, 03 is steel, sits higher and requires a different seat, undertray and side covers (the tail may or may not be the same). the 04 is aluminum and sits about 10 mm lower. this is the reason some pipes designed for the 03 do not fit well on the 04/05s. the weight difference is several pounds between the subframes if i remember correctly. - jeff h

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dyna - thanks for all the help and for offering your spare subframe! Im going to end up getting it powder coated along with a few other silver bits. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts