Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies if this is an old topic, tried searching. the bars on my 2001 SV got bent by some jerk who can't park, I got a line on a set of 03 bars, they look the same. yeah?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking at OEM parts for SV650 X/Y/K1 vs a K3 and they are different part numbers... leads me to believe that maybe the controls aren't gonna fit on or some such.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yes, they will fit. Bend is slightly different, but not going to be a big problem.

Also try bar's from Bikemaster. Most on here prefer Superbike bars, but it depends where you want the controls at. Superbike will lower them, move them forward some, and decrease pull-back vs stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks! picked up the stock 03 bars. I actually DID buy a set of bikemaster Superbike bars, and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to Dremel 2" off each side... then the brake fluid reservoir got in the way of rotating the brake lever into place, d'oh.

also i would have had to drill some holes, i want that stuff pre-drilled for me, i'll be changing these suckers on a brooklyn streetcorner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts