Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got rid of the shovel, stock signals, exhaust and even the tail light.

Installed Dale Walker's Holeshot high mount slip on, Dale Walker's fender eliminator, LP flushmounts with clear lens' up front and a tail light from Clear Alternatives with integrated turn signals.

Before

And after

G

·
I am sorry... but I don't like the can or the front blinkers..... mmmmm

personal preferences, if you liek it, then great!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
argatxa said:
I am sorry... but  I don't like the can or the front blinkers..... mmmmm

personal preferences, if you liek it, then great!!
I have a bias opinion towards Holeshot, but I would say that anything looks better than the stock bazooka exhaust.

·
Registered
469 Posts
argatxa said:
:D bazooka stock...   

what I don't like is that looooooooooooooong pipe....  nope.... not for me...
??? Long pipe, are you talking about the exhaust can itself or the high mount pipe leading to it? If that's the case, Holeshot offers a standard exhaust setup that mirrors the stock position.

G

·
the high mount pipe to the can itself..... I would rather go for a nice can on standard setup rather than a long pipe on which burn my trousers easily... aparts of the looks. The one in the picture looks like a rain drain pipe... :p

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
It's been lowered at least an inch and a half. I think it looks pretty cool, though impractical for me (6'1" and like to crank the bike way over when the opportunity arise)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When we decided to get the exhaust I just showed about a dozen different cans, setups and materials. She picked the black holeshot highmount. She is short so the bike has been lowered. The seat was shaved too. IMO the stockers look like elephant ears up front so if you like that sorta thing that's cool. As for the highmount pipe if you burn your trousers then you are doing something wrong. My wife doesn't have any problem with burning any clothing on that pipe and she's short. I've ridden the bike several times and my leg doesn't come close to it either. As for the pipe looking like a drainpipe I'd really like to know where you buy your drain pipes where you're from. Maybe you could hook me up with a couple. I hate the green ones on my house.

G

·
hahahaha..... nice drain pipes, but drain pipes look for me!!! Kidding man!! She did choose that, and she rides it, so go for her!!

Sometimes, on slightly uphill redlight stops, I hold the bike with the legs and I can tell you that quite a dew times I have felt the heat through the leathers... not the smartest idea, but lets me search for sometyhing on the jacket, or simply stand for a while without the brakes.

I like the lephant ears too.... but is a question of taste.. I would only change stuff that is going yo improve performance... I like the way that it is, maybe a smaller bazooka and shovel?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can you post a picture from the rear, specifically of the tail light? I've been considering the clear alternatives tail light and would like to see a few pics of it first. Thanks.

-WhiteMtnCruiser

1 - 20 of 35 Posts