Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it has happened 2-3 times now at random, I was stopped at a light and started to blurp the throttle very lightly and it acts like my YZ250F does if you blurp the throttle when it isn't fully warmed up..just cuts out and catches right back. The SV is more like a electrical cutout. Then today I was coming to a stop and not touching the throttle just front brake and it sounded like the motor cutout again then caught right back up...I know the master cylinder makes a noise when using the front brakes (at least I hope it is suppose to or something makes a noise anyways). This cutout was a little more pronounced but happened so quick I didn't even have time to figure out if it was my bike or some car next to me. I had the clutch in so if there was a slight loss of power I wouldn't have felt it in the drive train. ANy ideas?? I had the plug wires and who knows what else replaced at 30 miles on the odometer due to them being defective. It has 900 miles on it now and has the Full M4 exhaust as the only mod, performance wise anyways. Should I check the TPS and see if it is off or do I need to get a PCIII and retune the fuel map down low due to the new exhaust?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yeah that is the problem right now is it won't repeat, only does it without warning so far at a stop.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it too much, I'm 99% sure its not an electrical problem, as I have the same problem and many others do too. Just sit there idling, and blip the throttle sharply, over and over. Mine will "cutout" once every 25 or so sharp blips. Sometimes its enough to stall it, but usually it catches back on. I remember reading a reasoning behind it, it was something about fuel injection doesnt like sharp blips, somehow it creates a lack of fuel for a second. A PCIII might help the problem, but I wouldnt know. All I can tell you is you are not alone :)

I've heard that dealers do not have a solution for it either. My bike has done it since day one, and that was 23k miles ago.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All I know is when I am easing down to a stop...something in the engine makes a low humming sound when applying the front breaks like I have heard some cars/suvs make when applying the brakes. I should have redid the question because a motorcycle doesn't really have a master cylinder, more of a resivor and brake caliper.

No one else hears anything when they applying the front brakes?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
solution:

you're still under the factory warranty, arent you? let them figure it out.

my brakes do not make any noise like you are describing.

I have never had my engine cut out like you are describing. MAYBE once or twice, ONLY if I get hard on the throttle, it's freezing cold outside, and I havent let the engine warm up.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
gahdzila said:
you're still under the factory warranty, arent you?  let them figure it out.
Someone on this board took their bike in under warranty for this, and I remember the dealer couldnt figure it out. Still wouldnt hurt to bring the bike in especially if its under warranty. It's still a mystery, but at least its common.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah taking it to the dealer won't happen until I can duplicate the problem and if it is something minor I will change the part myself rather than be without the bike for 2 weeks. Hopefully it was just a wierd glitch, didn't do it this past sunday when I went riding.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
bbmxta said:
yeah taking it to the dealer won't happen until I can duplicate the problem and if it is something minor I will change the part myself rather than be without the bike for 2 weeks.   Hopefully it was just a wierd glitch, didn't do it this past sunday when I went riding.
If you want to recreate it, just sit there idling, and just blip the throttle over and over. Sharper the blip the better. I can almost recreate mine on command.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts