Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
On the other side of the pond having kids on bikes is very common. I've seen kids less than 1 on motorcycles quite a bit, not here in the States, but obviously its EXTREMELY risky no matter where you're riding.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Driving at an excessive speed, Moore tried to negotiate a turn and lost control of the motorcycle, crashing. The toddler fell off the gas tank, sustaining fatal injuries.
Some men grow into fatherhood and others just stumble. RIP little fella.

Such a damn shame.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Un****ingbelievably stupid.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Watching that news report, I couldn't help but notice they called it an accident... My father always used to say: "that's not an accident. Accidents are avoidable. That [person] made a poor decision."

Poor little one... Having a ladyfriend who really wants kids has made me more aware of everything involving children. I sure hope that guy has no other kids to offer to the reaper... And/or can't reproduce anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Accidents happen. I agree this was a stupid decision. With that said...I used to ride on my dad's Harley with him before I can even remember. He never used to speed around though...even when I was older.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I would make him get a tattoo on his forehead saying: "My 1yr old son died because of my stupidity" "Ask me why"....

·
Registered
331 Posts
My B-I-L will give his kids/nephews/nieces rides on his honda elite scooter. I refuse to do it when they ask because it's just not safe in my mind. I won't take the risk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That guy was an idiot but i dont see any problem with taking a kid for a ride. Not on the highway or interstate "duh". My dad and grandfather used to take me rides when i was real young. Thats one of the few things i can remeber thy far back. I take my 2 year old on my tw200 dual sport with me on the back roads where we live in the country and he loves it. Yes he wears a helmet and no i dont do stupid stuff. Heck he holds onto the grips and does the throttle when i let him. We usually put around 10- 30 mph and have a good time. Cant be anymore dangerous than a kid riding in a car with a women driving/ while texting or other idiots out on the road.

·
MOTORADOR
10,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That guy was an idiot but i dont see any problem with taking a kid for a ride. Not on the highway or interstate "duh".
The guy was riding inside the apartment complex, not on the highway.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Stupid ******* *******. If he wanted to take his kid on the bike:
1. Make sure he is big enough to hold on himself.
2. Make him wear a helmet and other protective gear.
3. Keep the speeds low.

One is WAY too young, and not making him wear a helmet is selfish. His stupidity is inexcusable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts