Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's summer again (finally!) so it's time to get the bike ready. But when I put the battery back in, I can't get the fuse box to fit where it's supposed to go. Looking at the manual, the plastic clips on the front of the fusebox should connect to the metal tabs and then rest on top of the battery, right? But when I try to get it back together, it's completely impossible to get it to fit back like that. The battery is seated in correctly, and fits all the way in.

I cut off my fender over the winter, so is it possible that I'm missing a screw or spacer? I don't have any extra screws that aren't accounted for (screwed into the rear fender) and no mystery spacers or anything. The fusebox simply won't fit how it's supposed to. The seat looks like its bowed up when I put it on and its obvious to me that its wrong. I disconnected the fuse box from its little carrier, but I want to get everything back in how it's supposed to.

This is as far as I can get it to fit

It will not go any farther down.

No fender! Yay!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Did you replace the battery? Perhaps your replacement was the model designed for a 2nd gen. My last SV had a taller 2nd Gen battery and I had the same problem. The seat will fit on no problem like that. The battery is not going to move.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you replace the battery? Perhaps your replacement was the model designed for a 2nd gen. My last SV had a taller 2nd Gen battery and I had the same problem. The seat will fit on no problem like that. The battery is not going to move.
It's the battery that I took out in the winter and everything fit then, iirc. And it causes the seat to bow up a little bit in the middle, which is why I was concerned.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Remove the tray and set the fuses on top of the battery. It isn't necessary to have them held down. The tray is also unnecessary. That will take care of your clearance issues. The new batteries for the SV tend to be for the second generation. The model number is the same now, I believe. I suppose you could find a smaller battery that would work, but with the tray removed... It honestly isn't necessary.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Its down all the way. Give it a nudge or figure out why it isn't down there! lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remove the tray and set the fuses on top of the battery. It isn't necessary to have them held down. The tray is also unnecessary. That will take care of your clearance issues. The new batteries for the SV tend to be for the second generation. The model number is the same now, I believe. I suppose you could find a smaller battery that would work, but with the tray removed... It honestly isn't necessary.
That's what I ended up doing, thanks though :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts