Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought the exact same thing. Beautiful bike, why not sell it over here? My next bike will probably be an FZ8 if the GSR is not available by then.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Yeah, Fast Bikes magazine (why do I feel like a salesman?) is modding the dog crap out of one and giving it away. I don't think they even test ride them after the modding. 0 miles. :)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It would look better after 30 minutes with my hacksaw and a visit to my personal choice of exhaust component vendors. That can is... offensively massive. It needs to be something sleek and sexy.. not the size of a tanker truck trailer and suppository shaped.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All Europe and Japan get them except for the US and Canada (also South America).
It's a shame we're still stuck in Harley and Crotch rocket land.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It would look better after 30 minutes with my hacksaw and a visit to my personal choice of exhaust component vendors. That can is... offensively massive. It needs to be something sleek and sexy.. not the size of a tanker truck trailer and suppository shaped.
+1 I can't get over that ugly pipe. Would be an easy fix if we could get this bike.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 I can't get over that ugly pipe. Would be an easy fix if we could get this bike.
Exactly - the pipes on the bikes these days are mostly ugly, check out the FZ1 or Z1000 or um... Gladius
event he SV OEM pipe is ugly.
It's an easy fix and not an issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have seen a few of these over here in England. Definitely looks even better in person, and without that disturbing can.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Makes me sad that the naked versions always have a de-tuned motor of some sort.
Not me.

The point is to make the bike useable on the street. Of course some would argue that the racerep motor is perfectly suited for the street, but it seems to me that anyone who sees the benefits of the sv would also embrace the logic behind the retuned i4.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not me.

The point is to make the bike useable on the street. Of course some would argue that the racerep motor is perfectly suited for the street, but it seems to me that anyone who sees the benefits of the sv would also embrace the logic behind the retuned i4.
I'm with you on that one! I was running my sv at 33bhp for a while (English license restrictions) and I may even go as far as saying, 33bhp was more street friendly than full power on the sv.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
All Europe and Japan get them except for the US and Canada (also South America).
It's a shame we're still stuck in Harley and Crotch rocket land.
That's why I bought a Ducati Monster 1100. Great looks, plenty of power for the street, decent ergos and it is fun as hell on a winding mountain road.

I like the GSR750 though. Looks good, needs some mods, but what bike doesn't?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
looks like suzuki's rebuttal to yamaha's fz8. if the fz sells well here, suzuki will be selling their bike here the following year.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not me.

Ride the GSXR-750 and then tell me that motor needs to be detuned/retuned for the street. That motor is facking magical. It has plenty of low end/mid range.

I like this GSR 750 and hope they bring it to the North American market, but I wish they wouldn't have molested the engine.

"Retuned" nearly always seems to translate into less power and more weight. Think Z1000 vs ZX10, CB1000 vs CBR1000RR, FZ1 vs R1, FZ6-R vs R6.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts