Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the midst of a R/R & stator replacement for my Gen 1, and holy crap. Why is there no info on any of that in the service manual? Sure, I learned how to test them, but to replace them? BS.

Also, no explicit YouTube videos for any SV650 generation that I can find. So super dumb.

·
Super Moderator
8,447 Posts
it's all fairly obvious.
remove tail, unplug, unscrew, screw in plug in, reinstall tail.
replacing stator is not much more difficult. remove shift linkage, remove sprocket cover, remove clutch worm. remove stator cover. remove stator and coil. clean off gasket. install new stator and coil (use some rtv or something to help seal the grommet). install new gasket. install stator cover, install clutch worm, install sprocket cover. install shifter linkage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get it, I'm just saying, a good manual is full of fairly obvious things. Like, oil changes are pretty obvious. My point is, I'd like some torque values and more. Otherwise, what's the point of the manual?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
It's been years since I Iooked at an SV650 Service manual, but no torque values?? That doesn't sound right. I remember some of the specific values, like 16.5 for the triple clamp pinch bolts.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
I always thought the SV service manuals were excellent. Definitely better than the Haynes /Clymers.

This is from the SV gen1 manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts