Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 SV650S...is there a reason people on here are converting their bikes? What's wrong with the "S"?

·
Registered
260 Posts
they just prefer the look of the N better. And if they do a full conversion, it's most likely because of the handle bars, which make the riding positing a bit straight up which gives less strains on the wrist and the lower back.

Nothing wrong with the "s"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nothing wrong with the S. I did mine cause I crashed and it was cheaper than replacing the full fairings again. Plus I like the street fighter look. Only problem now is there is so much more I want to do that I will probably end up spending alot more.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they just prefer the look of the N better. And if they do a full conversion, it's most likely because of the handle bars, which make the riding positing a bit straight up which gives less strains on the wrist and the lower back.

Nothing wrong with the "s"
Ok that makes sense, I didn't realize the bars were different and that the N has a more upright riding position.

·
Registered
639 Posts
likely damage to front end/ front faring... or a street fighter look, maybe
+69
Some people pick up the Sporty S and get crazy on the corners and end up flying off the road (The D220 will help you off the road). If you don't have good insurance and you piece the bike back together, you find out that the front fairing will raise the repair 10 fold. The money is better spent getting a GSXR front end because the stock forks are probably bent ! :school:

Handle bars is not a good excuse, you can covert the bars with out removing the front fairing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Handle bars is not a good excuse, you can covert the bars with out removing the front fairing.
well i meant it in conjunction with the look of the naked..as in the FULL conversion...because you can have naked and just leave the clip-ons...which really doesn't do much other than more wind in your face..just not clear i guess. of course you can put bars without removing the front fairing. :)

(The D220 will help you off the road)
lol
http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?p=1519837#post1519837

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Riding with nothing in front of you but the road. Feels like flying when you compare it to riding a faired bike.

Looks good.
I took off my front fairing and left it naked for the track this coming weekend, it will be my first time riding it like that so hopefully I will be "flying" on the track ;D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Riding with nothing in front of you but the road.
Yeah. That.

Very similar to flying down from the top of a pass on a road bicycle that you don't have to peddle back up to do it again.

I didn't do a conversion though. I got the n to begin with.
I aready had a faired bike for heavy weather. :cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
By looking around in here you'll find most did it due to wrecking.
For some reason the sv fairings are outrageously overpriced. And try to buy just one bolt for the fairings it'll run you around $230.00. Suzuki does not offer all the fairing bolts as separate, they list a hardware kit only. Sure you can go to a hardware store and match pitch and thread, but you cannot just walk in and order a specific bolt for the fairings by itself.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
By looking around in here you'll find most did it due to wrecking.
For some reason the sv fairings are outrageously overpriced. And try to buy just one bolt for the fairings it'll run you around $230.00. Suzuki does not offer all the fairing bolts as separate, they list a hardware kit only. Sure you can go to a hardware store and match pitch and thread, but you cannot just walk in and order a specific bolt for the fairings by itself.
change that "most" to many and I think you've got something. Ironically, many of the coolest custom bikes on this board started out as S models and are now naked. Nate's first bike, Zuki's bike, Mada's bike...

Every bolt on the fairing has at least one match, so going to a hardware store or mcmaster carr isn't really that big a deal.

·
Registered
835 Posts
They may be cool bikes I just merely state what I have observed and know as fact of suzuki deciding to not make single fairing fasteners available to the public. Which may have been a deciding factor in some of the case of S's becoming N's. I am not here to compare which is cooler, just try to answer the OP's question.

Honestly if I wanted a naked bike I woulda went out and bought one.But being that I ride mine about 1,500 miles weekly I prefer the S version much more than ANY naked bike.

And BTW who gives a sh!t about what some of the coolest bikes are and "who" the OP asked a question and I offered my actual insight into some of the factors that play into why so many S's become N's, What did you offer the OP????

1 - 20 of 136 Posts