Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night there was a party at my complex and it ended with my bike on its side. The knob broke off my clutch lever, the shift lever broke, foot peg broke, tail section cracked, passenger handle rashed, front brake line somehow sliced (either from fall or knife, IDK) and various other scratches. Of course I have a $1000 deductible for comprehensive so it'll come out of my pocket.

My question is, are the 2004+ foot shift levers interchangeable with the gen 1 levers. I'm in the process of upgrading to braided brake lines, but I dont have the money for pazzo levers and rearsets. So I'm making do with my little budget. Also any suggestions of cheapest alternatives would be appreciated.

*Thanks for the advice thus far, on further inspection I have a $250 deductible, and my bike was covered. But I'll def claim it and hopefully be able to get a check instead of them picking up the bill so I can spend the money on upgrades, not OEM

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My only advice is to get as low of a deductible as possible on comprehensive insurance. It doesn't cost much more, and given the frequency of incidents such as this it's a good investment. After the attempted theft on my bike, I lowered mine from $500 to $100...a difference of a whopping $3 / mo.

Sorry to hear about the damage :/

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have repaired my shift lever drilling the end out and replacing it with a bolt. As I recall an M8 bolt about 2,1/4" long works. You can drill and tap the hole

If you want to check interchangability of parts, go to a website that features OEM parts microfiche. I have used and can recommend Ronayers.com but there are others listed in the back of most motorcycle magazines. Here's one from this months "Motorcyclist": ronniesmailorder.com

Sorry about the a-hole neighbors. You need to find a quieter place to live. (And the brake line was almost certainly cut.

Do you at least cover your bike? That may help avoid such problems in the future.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I would check ebay, I replaced my shift and clutch levers with the cheap emgo parts with no problems and they were dirt cheap, as for brake lines you could just get the galfers, you could probably get all that for around $140ish on ebay.

As for tails I'd check ebay or the for sale forums here, tail halves are usually pretty cheap, or you could repair yours with a little epoxy, sand paper and paint.

Don't know if the first and second gen levers interchange though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am pretty sure the 1st gen shifter doesnt fit, but like mentioned the one from a Busa will. That is what I went with after my lowside and it works great.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
4 steps to solve your problems:

step 1 - park your bike inside your apartment.

step 2 - if you live on the second floor or above, move, repeat step 1.

step 3 - have a "long conversation" with the person who threw the party about the "dangers" of drinking and destroying property.

step 4 - sleep well at night.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Stay away from drunken azzholes. Problem solved.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Man that sucks about your bike, i wouldn't have a bike if i didn't have a garage to keep it in. I would take pics of the bike pushed over and all the damage to it and so your land lord since it was someones friends that caused your bikes damage. Also do you know who had the party.

My old apartment had some losers in it where trash would be in the back of my truck and fights in the parking lot. The last straw was one morning i come out to beer bottles broke behind all the wheels on my truck so after kicking it away my nice valve stem remover got a work out.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
a whole page an no one had geven you a definative answer

1st gen & 2nd gen shifters are NOT compatible, 1st gen shifters pivot on the footpeg, 2nd gen shifters do not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts