Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm about to start riding again after 2 agonizing years of sitting on 4 wheels...I was wondering who's in my area that i could ride with every now and then??? I live in Rockville, Maryland (Montgomery County) and also Baltimore area too. If your from my area HOLLA!!! 8) I might also need one of you more experienced riders to ride with my to the MVA to get my license...apparently I'm not allowed to ride alone on a learner's license  :mad: Thanks!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
shekshishekki said:
If your from my area HOLLA!!! 8)
For those of you who don't speak jive, allow me to translate:

The gentleman (poster) requests you contact him if you are in fact within his locale ;)

Just thought I'd assist.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check out DCsportbikes.com and DCsportbikes.net for local riders of all kind and shape.

AJ
NOVA

·
Registered
744 Posts
I live in Kensington, right off of Connecticut. I'd be more than happy to help you get your bike up to the MVA. PM me for contact information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is correct. You are not allowed to ride solo with just a learner's. A licensed motorcyclist must be riding with you. As an MSF Certified Iinstructor for Montgomery County, I can say that taking the MVA exam on an SV650 is challenging, but not impossible. I will also say that taking the Beginners Rider Course is much easier, and much more fun. (So say the students) Slots are full for this season, but when we registered for the second semester back in July, we had 80 seats open, nearly half.

Good luck!
Sandy

·
Registered
744 Posts
SuzukiSandy said:
That is correct.  You are not allowed to ride solo with just a learner's.  A licensed motorcyclist must be riding with you.  As an MSF Certified Iinstructor for Montgomery County, I can say that taking the MVA exam on an SV650 is challenging, but not impossible.  I will also say that taking the Beginners Rider Course is much easier, and much more fun.  (So say the students)  Slots are full for this season, but when we registered for the second semester back in July, we had 80 seats open, nearly half.

Good luck!
Sandy
Did you used to ride a Harley 2-3 years ago?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow all these replies!!! Thanks a lot guys!!! Give me a week or two of intense practicing and I'll contact you guys about helping me ride out there to get my license...I'll take the MSF next year SuzukiSandy ;) But I can't really wait till march to get my real license...so I'm just gonna take the test and get it over with...besides, i'm not a complete noob hahahaa I just gotta get my bearings straight again...its been a while...I'm pretty sure I can perform all those maneuvers that are required...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw SuzukiSandy is it true that the whole test is done at once??? I mean like is there a stop and recieve instructions about what to do for the next maneuver??? Cuz each of those steps mentions that i can't put my feet down...not even at the stop sign...is that true? I mean i understand that while performing the maneuver I can't put my feet down..but what about after??? Do I basically get all the instructions at the beginning and perform all the way till the end without stopping???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts