Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering the GIVI windshield because of the upper lip. Does anyone have this installed on their bike? Hows it perform?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Givi Sport Touring screen here (has since been discontinued)

Love it. Wind hits right around my shoulder blades. YMMV depending on your height

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Check around before you try to buy one, then end up waiting a few weeks before they finally realize it's backordered and they aren't making them anymore. I literally got one of the last ones TwistedThrottle sold. I liked it well enough though. It wasn't an enormously noticeable change. But then again, with a product like a windscreen, its probably better that it's benefits go unnoticed than its deficiencies being evident.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Email the sponsor Rider's Discount on here. They had the best prices around last time I checked.

My Puig DB hits me mid-helmet and I'm 5'10". Puig I believe makes a touring shield as well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I had one on a 1st genS. I liked it, it would be good for touring. I sold it since most my rides were short and it created lots of wind noise for me.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I liked it well enough though. It wasn't an enormously noticeable change. But then again, with a product like a windscreen, its probably better that it's benefits go unnoticed than its deficiencies being evident.
Holy Shyte.

That is perhaps one of the most well written blurbs I have ever read on SVRider.

You need to leave now. There's no room for a clear mind here

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 5-7" and the oem windshield hits around the shoulder, so maybe it will go right over me.

Is the wind noise considerably louder than oem...i figured it should be quieter, eh that's weird?

Thanks for the heads up about being discontinued, didn't know that....will check for availability first if i order one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts