Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got a line on a set of F3 wheels(only whant the rear) with new tires for 100bucks. I know I need spacers and to shave the pads or get a 240mm rotor. What else it there? need some "solid" info. Thanks

Sorry I know there's a rear wheel thread but I'm looking for the members that that have done it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, if you got a 2nd gen the stock F3 rotor works fine. The mod is pretty easy. Pretty much just like changing your tire, but you just add the spacers when you put the wheel back on.

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
I just got a line on a set of F3 wheels(only want the rear) with new tires for 100bucks. I know I need spacers and to shave the pads or get a 240mm rotor. What else it there? need some "solid" info. Thanks

Sorry I know there's a rear wheel thread but I'm looking for the members that that have done it.

:) Email me at [email protected] and I will look after you right away, I have everything you need,

Send me a contact phone number and I will give you a quick call and let you know everything you need to watch out for. It is really quite simple with the right information,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Just order the spacer kit from Zoran at Twin Works Factory and then it's a direct swap. http://twfracing.com/images/zparts/F3 wheel kit bg.jpg He will take good care of you.

Make sure you get a 45 tooth sprocket in the same pitch as your current front sprocket. You can order a stock rear sprocket for a 99-00 CBR 600 f4 and it will bolt up to the f3 and be a 45 tooth.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
it's wider wheel, so it makes the tyre contact patch more optimal, and also the ability to go to a 180 rear.
a 170 rear safely. a 180 will still be pinched.

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
it's wider wheel, so it makes the tyre contact patch more optimal, and also the ability to go to a 180 rear.

:) The 180 rear works great on the F3 wheel,

Many hundreds of racers and street riders use them with the 180 tire with zero issues,

Blair

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
:) The 180 rear works great on the F3 wheel,

Many hundreds of racers and street riders use them with the 180 tire with zero issues,

Blair
Because I'm sure you know every racer and street rider that runs an f3 with a 180 and you know everytime they have an issue or not, right?

Fact is you are giving out bad information, Blair.

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/tires/146_0206_tire_size/index.html

Pay close attention to the last paragraph.

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
:) F2 is a no go for sure, What you really want is a 96 - 1998 complete F3 Wheel,

Let me know when you locate one, I have everything you need to bolt it on and swap it back and forth with your OEM SV Wheel as if both were OEM SV Wheels,

Email me directly at [email protected] if you need any help, and if you include a contact phone number with your email I will be happy to give you a quick call and help you out.

Blair

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.