Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's alive! It's been too cold for my Southern blood to ride lately, so I've been doing a lot of carpooling with the hubby. It's been too cold for my poor bike's battery too. Put a new one in a few weeks ago and she roared to life. Finally got to ride her today! I've missed being on two. :fiddy:

Can't wait for next week now - trip to Robbinsville for a few days of riding. Yay! :nana:

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
She's alive! It's been too cold for my Southern blood to ride lately, so I've been doing a lot of carpooling with the hubby. It's been too cold for my poor bike's battery too. Put a new one in a few weeks ago and she roared to life. Finally got to ride her today! I've missed being on two. :fiddy:

Can't wait for next week now - trip to Robbinsville for a few days of riding. Yay! :nana:
take that xt for a spin too, need her runnin good when we get down there ;D

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep - taking her out in the pastures one evening this week :D She got a new battery when the SV did, too

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can, put one of the battery tender hookups on when you install the new battery. It's made it a lot easier to hook it up when I know I'm having to park it for a while. Getting to the battery with the little jumper cables can be a pain.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you can, put one of the battery tender hookups on when you install the new battery. It's made it a lot easier to hook it up when I know I'm having to park it for a while. Getting to the battery with the little jumper cables can be a pain.
Did that the other weekend thinking the battery had one charge left in it. Now, it's got the hookup and no battery. It did make things a lot easier though, thanks.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a visual :)

When we going riding again? :fiddy: We can leave the boys at the farm and go for a spin around our new place. Lots of neat little roads to explore.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got a visual :)

When we going riding again? :fiddy: We can leave the boys at the farm and go for a spin around our new place. Lots of neat little roads to explore.
Let it get a little warmer, I'll admit, I'm a wuss. I don't have cold weather gear yet but when it warms up a bit, I'll let you know and we will get together and go riding. David's bike is actually running now thanks to D'Ecosse and his great information.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good gear is a must. The heated gloves saved me today. Though I've gotta swap the dark smoke shield for my clear - riding home tonight in the dark, rain, and fog on back country roads wasn't much fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good gear is a must. The heated gloves saved me today. Though I've gotta swap the dark smoke shield for my clear - riding home tonight in the dark, rain, and fog on back country roads wasn't much fun.
I'm planning to save up through the summer and get some heated gear, hopefully.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts