Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went to the doctor and they told me I have some type of chronic conjunctivitis, and the only way to make it go away is to wear my glasses, not contacts, for 1 or 2 months.

I just dont feel like I can see good enough with my glasses on under the helmet, and they bounce around/get jarred loose/get uncomfortable.

Just wondering who here rides with glasses on, or who thinks it is a bad idea, or who just has a smart-assed remark to make themselves look cool (kidding). Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ive done it before, but I try to avoid it. I worry about fogging the lenses while Im riding. Just make sure you leave your lid cracked to get good ventilation and you'll probably be okay.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
I hadda do it the first few months of riding. The next few were winter, after that I got contacts, and now im riding again. But yeah, never moved, got fogged up every now and then, thats it.

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Seeing as how I've got something like 20:200 vision without 'em (yeah, I'm the Coke bottle kid)...

My Shoei Z-II seems to have been designed specificaly with glasses wearers in mind. Very easy to slip even wire-framed ear pieces into place. Comfort is not a problem

The only time I had problems with my glasses bouncing around was with an old Bieffe helmet I had, and that was when I was riding a '75 CB400F with worn-out shocks.

Bill

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had no problems with my Shoei RF1000 and RF900.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on, sounds like I will just have to get used to them. I might try the same anti fig spray I use on my visor. Thanks for the quick replies!

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, don't worry about it, it's a little shakier with the glasses but shouldn't present a problem. I ride with my glasses sometimes and never had any issues.

·
Registered
430 Posts
If your glasses are bouncing around I would guess your helmet doens't fit. THe only problem I have is when in a tucked position I am looking over my glasses.

I just got contacts and reaaaaaely like them compared to glasses.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I've had glasses since I was 10, never worn contacts. Hundreds of thousands of street miles, 8 years of roadracing, tons of dirt riding. No problems. As long as your helmet fits good and works with the glasses you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
personally i get headaches when i ride with my glasses.
i think its the fuzziness of my perphial vision that messes me up when i wear them

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I've ridden with glasses for as long as I've ridden. 13 years and counting. It takes a little longer to get geared up, but once they're on (as long as your helmet fits right), they're on. Use anti-fog on them and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i actually have a diferent helmet for riding with glasses. I use my snomachine helmet when i want to ride with glasses.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
No problems

43 years with glasses, no problems. I must say that Flexon frames make things easier. They don't get out of shape no matter what.

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Glasses here too :D If you can skake your head,without your glasses comming off,you shouldn't have any problem.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts