Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Who is selling springs these days?

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Vermillion 
#1 ·
Last winter, I decided to upgrade the stock springs on my SV. I called up racetech, ordered what I needed, gave them my board number to get the svrider discount, etc. They told me that the springs I wanted were out of stock, but they would send them when they came in, which should be within 2 weeks. 2 months later, no springs had arrived. I called them, and they didn't know anything about my order. Luckily, they never charged me either (I had given them my payment info when I first ordered the springs). They were out of stock - not sure if they were out still, or out again.

So, anyway, here it is a year later, and I'm still on the stock springs. I'm gonna take another crack at buying some replacements. Is racetech still THE place to get them from, or are there other options I can consider, perhaps with better customer service? Or is racetech usually better than this, and I just got unlucky? I'm not sworn against racetech for life if they're the smartest place to get springs from, but if there's another place that's just as good, I might try that other place.

#2 ·
Any suspension shop can sell you springs. Around here SVRaceShop, Sonic Springs, Traxxion are popular.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I just placed my order with Sonic Springs.

Racetech sells springs for $109.99 with a 20% discount, which should make them $87.99. Sonic Springs sells them for $79.95. So while it's relatively close, it looks like Sonic is cheaper than Racetech, even with the discount.

#6 ·
The advice and support are a hell of a lot more accurate and prompt than RaceTech also!

I got my springs from Sonic thru another board sponsor.

#9 ·
At the SVRaceShop we use and sell Sonic unless they are out of stock then we use RaceTech.

For shock springs we use Hyperco and Eibach depending on the application.

#11 ·
I placed my order on Sonic Springs' website at 5pm on the 18th. I got an email immediately with a receipt for the order.

On the 19th, at 4pm, I got an email from Rich with my tracking number.

On the 20th, at 2pm, I got an email saying that my order had gone out and was in the hands of UPS.

I received my order on the 21st.

So yeah, I'm pretty impressed with Sonic Springs, and I'll recommend them to anyone. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.