1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would say the guy on the bike was moving pretty darn fast and if he had been going the speed limit he would probably had time to slow down in time to anticipate the idiot driver turning in front. Anytime I get near stores like that or see cars stopping to turn I slow my butt down and cover the front brake in case they cut me off.

The driver in the car is at fault also because it appears they never saw the guy on the bike and hesitated as they turned. Hope that guy was ok but I bet he didn't walk away without a few broken bones to say the least.

What I would like to knock people up side the head for are the ones that witnessed the crash and then just drove off, those people should be cited for leaving the scene of a accident regardless if their feeble headed thought that oh...someone else will check on the guy that just did a 360 4-5 times in front of me from a head on collision.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Repost. http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=52899.0;topicseen

3 pages of discussion over there.

Though my quick comment is that this is an accident that could have been prevented on both sides, but mostly from the motorcyclist's side for the exact reasons listed by bbmxta below.

bbmxta said:
I would say the guy on the bike was moving pretty darn fast and if he had been going the speed limit he would probably had time to slow down in time to anticipate the idiot driver turning in front. Anytime I get near stores like that or see cars stopping to turn I slow my butt down and cover the front brake in case they cut me off.

·
Registered
499 Posts
According to my estimated calculations, he's traveling an avg. of 64mph in the short time he was on the video. (I measured the car, and he traveled for .64 seconds and traveled aprox. 3.75 car length. Looks like a Toyota Solara at 15.7 feet, that's 58.875 feet in .64 seconds which is 91.9 fps, which is 63.7mph, so he seems fast for that road... he should have been slower, and the car should have been more alert....)

·
Registered
39 Posts
FunkDaddy said:
According to my estimated calculations, he's traveling an avg. of 64mph in the short time he was on the video. (I measured the car, and he traveled for .64 seconds and traveled aprox. 3.75 car length. Looks like a Toyota Solara at 15.7 feet, that's 58.875 feet in .64 seconds which is 91.9 fps, which is 63.7mph, so he seems fast for that road... he should have been slower, and the car should have been more alert....)
I'm going to guess that you don't work at your local 7-11.  ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
FunkDaddy said:
I got 56.8mph but again it was using estimated distance and time. Another words he was going FAST.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
well, I'm not going to say the bike was going 58.875mph, but I will say in rougher terms, close to 60mph

IMHO, the bike is 100% at fault

I said it in the other thread, and I say it here, in more detail, this seems to be a busy gas station, and tyhe area is conjested with quite a bit of traffic

my opinion, is the bike is accelerating as it comes into the picture, a car that was infront of him pulled off the road into a driveway, maybe the one at the other end of the gas station

with an apparent clear lane in front of him, he accelerated to a speed that is probably double the posted speed and ignored that a car had its blinker on to turn in the gas station

one thing I have learned, is if you are operating in a negligent manner, if anythng happens, you are automaticly found at fault, if you had been operating your vehicle in a prudent legal manner, the accident would not have occured

I made a left turn in front of a bike once, he was found at fault cause his bike was not registered and had illegal plates

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yep the Biker was not paying attention it seems.......rider error.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I´m going to say the car driver (and not being biased), because he cuts the biker line.

I dont know how your traffic laws are, but over here the car guy will never go away with that. 100% he´s fault, because he gave he´s right side to the other driver (the rider) cutting his line to pass.
The rider could just get a speeding ticket if there´s some way to prove he was speeding; like a registered speed from a local radar.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just had dejavue accept the car was turning left out of a parking lot. I was going 50 and I didn't go that far but i hit the car that slowed me down alot I landed 10-15 feet from the car. But I allso hit the brakes and locked the front tire and I was in a 50 mph zone. They rider was deffintly going too fast. The car did make its aproach into the gas station realy slow. It was like they stoped in the road. The accident could have been avaioded easily the bike was proubly at fault but the car should have been paying more attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.