Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you carry an emergency kit and what does it contain and what do you keep it in ????

Ever since my brother went down last summer I have been carrying a few things w/ me.  Right now I have: roll of gause, tape, antibacterial wipes, band aids, some bee sting stuff, and some KY (just kidding).  Its in a hard plastic box, but I need to find something that doesn't take up as much space.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
dom said:
i dont i should but then it would require me to have a book bag or tank bag
a little kit should fit under your seat.

i keep some very basic in my tank bag, but keep meaning to get a road bike kit which is good for roadrash and such

·
Registered
198 Posts
I carry one when I'm touring. Not usually if I'm just commuting or carving canyons. I picked up one of those day hiking kits from REI.

·
Registered
30 Posts
On the advice of my son I always carry a pad and pen to make notes on the cage that took you out, even if they stop it is good to make notes at the time.

Fortunately I haven't used it.

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I know some riders who carry- latex gloves, over the counter meds, pen, pad, couple of bandaids, wet naps, and ziploc baggies.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
i only carry cyanide pills... in case i crash and my body is so mangled that i dint want to go on living 8)

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
Diapers and butt whipes, for those times when a cage does something stupid around me and i drop a load in my pants.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm a volunteer EMT and carry a small kit. Mainly a pocket face mask for cpr, gloves, tape, gauze, bulky dressings,OPA, shears, stethoscope and BP cuff, etc. In my area EMS can come pretty quick so I usually carry tools to stop bleeding and perform cpr. Not much more I could do or carry to stabilize. Here's a good link where they sell some nice first aid type kits. Some small enough for a tankbag or backpack.

www.galls.com

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2743

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
First aid kit:
5 ea. gauze sponge, 4x4
1 ea. surgical dressing, 8x7.5
1 ea. triangular bandage
1 ea. Ace bandage
12 ea. Bandaids
2 ea. surgical towel

(I also have about 1/3 roll of duct tape (cut out core and squash flat) as part of my tool kit which can be used for first aid.)

Package in zip-loc bags. You can fit all this under the tail, but I think it's better to have it in a tank bag (always on the bike). I figured if I were the one who needed it, it's better to store it where someone else could get to it quickly.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i have a tire repair kit. I took out my toolkit so its pretty empty back there. I have no plans for an medical kit, but it would be something to think about. I could offer some medical assistance. The training would come back to me, but I'm afraid i'd get sued.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spirit of Bunny said:
The training would come back to me, but I'm afraid i'd get sued.
All the awareness and training that is provided .... even in health classes in high schools ..... and this is what we as a people have been reduced to. Its sad really, but I toally understand what your saying ....

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Regular_Joe said:
All the awareness and training that is provided .... even in health classes in high schools ..... and this is what we as a people have been reduced to.  Its sad really, but I toally understand what your saying ....
I have been trained in first aid for years, I go back annually for a refresher - although I wonder what good that would do me because as a fairly new rider it is probably me who will crash. :-\

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Spirit of Bunny said:
i have a tire repair kit. I took out my toolkit so its pretty empty back there. I have no plans for an medical kit, but it would be something to think about. I could offer some medical assistance. The training would come back to me, but I'm afraid i'd get sued.
nothing to worry about there.

there are laws called "good samaritan laws" in place to protect you in such circumstances...basically, if you're putting forth good-faith effort to help someone in medical need in an emergency, you cant be sued for malpractice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Duct tape and a Schrade muti-tool can fix anything on your bike or body. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts