Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about painting my bike once i get my finances in order, one colour scheme i'm thinking is all white with gold levers/pegs...

Anyone feel generous enough to do a chop for me? I'll give you two (2) gold stars!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Basically turning the bike's black plastic to match the rest? Or make it black.. I guess it's "silver"? It looks close to white in that pic as is.

Here is a color scheme I'm working on for my gixxer 750 I'm fixing up. (mine is in pieces so I took someone else's 600 SRAD to start with).

Original:

Here is a scheme I'm toying with (normal pegs), levers are going to be orange no matter what ;) :

Here is the scheme with powerder coated pegs:

Keep in mind, the rims are supposed to be polished first then a clear type orange or blue powdercoat applied so it has a reflective orange or blue surface. NOT flat blue or orange.

All this was done with photoshop... I'm opinion to opinions and suggestions... you won't hurt my feelings... I'm only doing it once so I'd rather make sure I don't screw it up. ;)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the best i have on my laptop... If it's nice out after work tomorrow i'll clean it up and grab a good picture on the stands

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically turning the bike's black plastic to match the rest? Or make it black.. I guess it's "silver"? It looks close to white in that pic as is..
right now my bike is silver and black, I think I want the tank and all plastic to be white, I'm going to buy another smoked double bubble windscreen (my original one shattered when my bike tipped over onto my helmet), and I have a rear hugger, just can't remember where I left the **** thing last fall...

Either all white and gold rims/levers/pegs/maybe chain and sprocket
or

all white with black everything else... havent made that decision yet

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, highest resolution photo you can get... profile will probably be best (like mine).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I happen to like your black/silver scheme. :-(
me too, but it's done with rattle can paint and i didn't do a very good job... rode through a hail storm and now the nose and windscreen are all chipped up.

the hugger was going to be painted silver, and my cowl was going to be silver, giving the look of a black stripe going up the side

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shameless SVrider.com name drop whenever people look (although they tend to look away when they see my fatass on the bike :()

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Your pics sucked so I got one off Google. Yeah it's a hack job but it's 1:39am and I could careless about making it look perfect.

Before

After

1 - 20 of 23 Posts