Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening gurus, i need your help once again.

After coming back from yosmite, my bike broke down, since i felt it might be flooded spark plug, i removed the radiator and checked. I was corrected, and knew how to fix it because i learned it from this community :)

However, i realised there was white smoke coming from the radiator.
Also, when i stopped from the descend from the mountain, put on my side stand, the was alot of water comign from the radiator. (seems like it was collecting it or something)
I smelled the liquid and there was nothing distinct about it.
After fixing the spark plug only i realised there was white smoke after 185C Also, from both times. There is a burning smell, like electrical burn or something off.
It's been 2 weeks since the mountain and everything seems to be ok, and today when it rained again. There was white smoke at 185C and up on stationary. I checked the radiator for any damage this time and seems like everything was fine but there was a little drop of green liquid on the side.

After that, i bought the screwdriver and opened the radiator and it seems full.
I've done some research, some said it's the dirt and water on the bike that has the burning smell. ( i haven't wash my motorcycle since i had no time)

Can gurus please help me on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,075 Posts
You're probably fine. It's likely just steam from rain water coming off all the hot surfaces of the engine, radiator, and exhaust headers.

Remember, if the front spark plug was shorted by water, then the "exhaust" being sent out the front exhaust header would be un-ignited fuel and air, so that header would get cold fast. Once you corrected the water issue, the exhaust would be properly hot again and eventually have enough energy to steam off any water hitting the pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
I commute in the rain and always notice a weird smell when I do. Lots of road grime and oils getting washed over the exhaust and burning off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Years ago my front plug fouled out after many miles of soaking from the front wheel during a rainstorm. I sourced a fender extender that now blocks the stream of water thrown up by the front wheel and have had no further problem. I paid maybe 15 or $20 for a simple piece of curved plastic that bolts to the low side of the fender. Sorry, but you're on your own finding the same part but I recommend the effort.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top