Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need to get a wrench. I can get a 0-80lbs OR 20-200lbs.

Basically, if nothing needs to be torqued to greater the 80 ft-lbs, I'm just going to get the first one.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
308 Posts
go with the 0-80.

there are several bolts on your sv that are in the 10-20 range, these bolts are frequently used/adjusted.

and as far as i know, there are only 1 or 2 bolds(maybe) that will require anything more than 80, and these are torqued infrequently

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Hope you don't plan on replacing your chain and sprockets at home. I'm not sure why you'd want to use a torque wrench for things under 20ft/lbs but more power to you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ideally you would have both, but the smaller one is probably going to cover a wider range of things. Do get a clicker style one as opposed to the needle and scale type, I'm pretty sure they are more accuratep and def easier.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just getting one because I figure it is needed. I needed it for the motoslider install but just guessed. Going to be doing the fork springs and rear shock swap and I'm sure I will need one then. Was just curious if over 80 ft-lbs was common.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are looking at the torque wrenches at Harbor Freight, note that the 20-200 is actually INCH POUNDS and the 0-80 is FT POUNDS. Very different.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts