Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock touring tires on my 03 SV650 now but want to upgrade to a tire that is great for those canyon twisties that will stick. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'd suggest Michelin Pilot Road 2. They're still plenty sticky and you'll get a bit more miles from a set.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
I have Diablo Strada's that are due for a change, they served me well on the Dragon last year at the Rally.
I may go PP's just to see what all the hype is about.;D

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Any of the Sport tires will be tremendously better than the tires that you have now. :)

The down side is that they will not wear much faster. :(

Oh, I have Avon Storms. They work well for what I want them to do.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Biotch slap #10,568

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I've got Michelin Pilot Powers on my bike now (what it came with) and they are very, very good. I'm sure that they won't last long on the chip seal (rough as a giant metal rasp) roads I ride on.

Being a frugal kinda guy, I might try a set of Dunlop Road Smart tires because they should last longer and seem to be a good tire, based on the review found here: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=88059&highlight=dunlop

The Dunlop Road Smart tires could be a good alternative depending on your needs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just got the PP's on about a 10 days ago. Took a roadrip on them last weekend, and I love 'em. Great feel, sticky, got caught in the rain for a bit and they didn't slide on me. Not a great wet tire, but no issues so I'm happy.

YOu will feel a huge change from the stock, but in a good way. I was searching for turns, and we just don't have enough in Florida.

·
Super Moderator
6,977 Posts
Any of the Sport tires will be tremendously better than the tires that you have now. :)(SNIP)
I'll agree with that.

I have Conti Attacks, which feel A LOT better to me than the stock Dunlops. HATED the front end feel with the Dunlops - Contis cured that.

Sport Rider magazine just did a tire test (track/street) - Pilot 2CTs were their choice, Bridgestone BT-016s were second, and worked really well on the street. Contis didn't do that well...

My next set will probably be Bridgestones.

Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts