Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pics of your tank bag so I can decide on which one to buy.

Thanks,
SVFella

·
Registered
197 Posts
Icon - be sure! I love this bag for school as it transforms into a backpack. Great for groceries and the magnets are strong enough that I've had no issues with it empty at 80+.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Rapid Transit Recon 19 FTMFW. Plus it's only $72.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Cortech Tourmaster Mini. Expandable, not absurdly large, large map-pocket in the top (GPS is for losers. :p), and about $80.

I have that tank bag and use it quite frequently for commuting and on weekend rides more than 1 hour. I really run out of room quickly for my commute and the constant on/off the bike is taking its toll on the fabric on the bottom of the bag but I have yet to make a single mark on my tank because of it and the bag is very stable on the bike.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Have an Icon Urban Tank Bag but I'm done with it. It started to scratch my tank but fortunately I caught it in time and was able to polish the fine clear coat scratches from the magnet locations.

Even though I liked the Icon, I'm DONE with magnetic bags for that reason alone.

Now, it's the Cortech Mini with straps. It's an awesome bag by design. Very well thought out and useful.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have the Nelson Rigg CL-350 and it's awesome! Its pretty big but I don't even notice it when I ride. I've even forgotten about it a few times, only to stop at a red light and try to put my hands on my tank. "Oh yeah! I have my tank bag!"

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't like my Recon 19. Too small.
I dont like my recon 19 because it fell apart after a year's use. Im debating what to get now - i like the firstgear monza but its so expensive... i just use the tankbag to bring lunch to work, and to carry gym clothes and frogtoggs.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I dont like my recon 19 because it fell apart after a year's use. Im debating what to get now - i like the firstgear monza but its so expensive... i just use the tankbag to bring lunch to work, and to carry gym clothes and frogtoggs.
Really? Mine survived a low side and has become a permanent part of my bike for 2 years with out any issues at all.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Eclipse standard, strap mount (I like strap mounts because when filling up all you have to do is disconnect the rear strap and slide the bag over to the side exposing the filler cap.
I've had this bag for 15 years on three bikes

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ocelot. About the same as Mike's Cortech, with a MF'in huge map window.
going on 10 years old and sadly the magnets are wearing through...on the INSIDE.
Bummer they don't make them anymore.
So I'll stitch in a new liner and boom.

·
Registered
42 Posts
This Dowco actually uses an SV on their model photo for their bag. I bought one, but haven't had a chance to try it yet, just got it. Lots of compartments, though, and a cool integrated raincover that folds in nicely. ...I also got the optional hydration bag thing.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/10126/ITEM/Dowco-Elite-Series-Sport-and-Adventure-Tank-Bag.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Dowco%20Tank%20Bag&WT.MC_ID=10010

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have the Joe Rocket Manta XL. It's a good light duty bag, not very big, but good enough to hold lunch and what not for my work commute. It's found HERE.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts