1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didn't vote for either. I have goodridge lines and I will never buy them again. The fronts came with the wrong pitch caliper banjos and the rear has discolored.

I have really good things about speigler lines and its what I am going to buy to replace the rear since I was a dolt and let it rest against the mid pipe and melt the plastic outer coating :oops:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have Goodridge front SS lines, bought them on E-bay from Keirnan Racing. They were $69.65 shipped. They were for MY bike 99-02 SV650 (not S). The entire install, with removal of stock, took probably 30 minutes. They fit PERFECT and all the right hardware, including the correct banjo bolts. The feel of the front brake is also terrific.

·
Registered
235 Posts
RE

I've heard a few stories of wrong hardware shipped with both brands and that must suck when your all psyched to install your new braided lines. I have Galfer SS lines on my Kawasaki - great quality, perfect length and a nice firm lever that feels 1000% better than the mushy 8 yr old OEM rubber lines. I will eventually put them on my SV too. :D

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Mine are from a UK company called HEL, who're also notorious for sending the wrong parts :roll: But they got mien spot on and 5000 miles later they still look new. Perfect sizing, and a good range of parts available- ie stainless blewwd nipples, p-clips and other hose accessories...

·
Registered
381 Posts
i have galfer SS lines iwht clear rubber coating on outside and goodrich hardwear-

·
Registered
606 Posts
If you guys have that much problem, just make your own hoses.

It doesn't take a freakin' rocket scientist to take a look at your banjo's to see if you have fine or course pitch threads. AND Why wouldn't you buy a bleeder banjo for the master cylinder anyway? If you want to get a good strong bleed it is the best way.

Next you'll want them to put the hoses on for you guys at no cost too?

I can't remember the last time Russell/Cycleflex sent a kit that didn't fit exactly with all correct hardware. We install a lot of SS & Kevlar hoses.

DucOwner

A

·
0 Posts
I doubt you would notice any difference between the different brands. I have used both Goodrich and Speigler and there was absolutely no difference in feel/performance. I prefer the Speigler lines because they have adjustable fittings which allow you to adjust the angle that the brake line comes off the master cylinder at (helps in getting the line to clear/not rub the headlamp bracket when used with clip-ons). After you get stainless lines you should consider replacing the stock M/C with a Brembo unit. Cost about the same as stainless steel lines and makes as big an improvement (gets rid of the sloppy free-play of the stock cylinder).

·
Registered
71 Posts
wdavis009 said:
Kid Thunder said:
which bike should i be looking for a brembo m/c off of.?
This is what I have:
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=226

It is also available with an adjustable lever. I already had spares for my wife's Duc so I didn't need it.

If you want a remote reservoir type:
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/detail.aspx?ID=234
if i get SS line will it get rid of the mushy feeling or i need the m/c also or will new pads get rid of that feeling?

my friends 04 r6 goes click click while mine goes sponge sponge when i press the lever, haha.

A

·
0 Posts
linjy3 said:
if i get SS line will it get rid of the mushy feeling or i need the m/c also or will new pads get rid of that feeling?

my friends 04 r6 goes click click while mine goes sponge sponge when i press the lever, haha.
SS lines will get rid of the spongy feeling. A new M/C will get rid of the free play and firm up the feel even more.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Kaw 636/6RR, 04~GSXR, RC51, ZX10R, any Ducati with radial brakes. Each of these masters will give great feel at the lever and increased power.

Much cheaper off EBay or used than the Brembo racing unit and already wired for brake lights. You'd have to buy an adapter kit for the Brembo racing unit or a pressure switch to have working brake lights.

DucOwner

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i decided that i will build my own ss brake lines any one know the best prices for the banjo fittings

·
Registered
119 Posts
M/C upgrade

Kaw 636/6RR, 04~GSXR, RC51, ZX10R, any Ducati with radial brakes. Each of these masters will give great feel at the lever and increased power.

Much cheaper off EBay or used than the Brembo racing unit and already wired for brake lights. You'd have to buy an adapter kit for the Brembo racing unit or a pressure switch to have working brake lights.

DucOwner
I am considering upgrading my brake lines later on this year. I started reading the benefits of the upgrading the master cylinder and it got me interested in doing this mod.

What parts exactly I should be looking for. I am probably going to go w/ a M/C off another bike.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pretty much all SS lines are the same performance wise.

I've had speigler lines on my R1 and they were about 2 inches too long in the front but the performance was still amazing. Check to see if motomummy has any closeouts. Te set was only 109 for the front and rear.

There's a sale on eBay right now for 98 bucks for both front and rear goodridge SS lines.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts