Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a cheap POS set and I'm kinda leaning toward the Shure 215. Anybody have any strong preference toward any others?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I had a pair of ER-6i's for the past few years (actually two pairs.. one broke). the second pair just recently stopped working in one ear, so I picked up a set of Shure SE215's.

I must say, great earphones! The cable is solid and definitely quality. The sound quality is also better than the ER-6i's.

For the price, the SE215's cant be beat IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I have the AKG IP2 and love them. Shure makes nice expensive stuff. Make sure you get the ones with different size muffs so you can make a custom fit in your ear canal. Mine block out noise yet I can keep the music low enough I dont go deaf and I can still here what is going on around me

·
Registered
788 Posts
I use the etymotic "etykids". I think they're exactly the same as the MC5 buds, except their maximum volume is limited to a lower level. And trust me, the maximum volume on these is more than anyone should really need.

I got them over the MC5s because they were cheaper. I was at first worried about the phones being physically smaller than the MC5s... I figured since they were marketed for kids, they'd be smaller to fit into kids' ears, but that's not the case. I wear a size XL helmet, and these seal in my ear just fine. They isolate sound very well.

Here's a link.

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-EREK-5-BLACK-Safe-Listening-Headset-/dp/B005TOV0OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342062461&sr=1-1&keywords=ety+kids

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I have a pair of the Etymotic er6i. Love 'em. Don't have to turn the volume up, and sometimes have to turn it down. Downside is that they don't have a microphone to use w/my phone. So, I also have a set of Skull Candy, with the microphone. They're ok, but not my favorite.

Looked at the MC5s, and might have to give them a try.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
I had a pair custom made at the bike show last year. I got the least expensive single driver ones and still hesitate to say how much they cost. Also, I don't wear them on the bike, only for air travel. On the bike it's strictly plugs - no music, phone, etc to distract.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Not necessarily sound isolating but same idea, Skullcandy Ink'd buds. Picked up 2 sets for $15 on Amazon, still using the first pair for more than year.

The smallest inserts fit perfectly in my ear and remove ALOT of road noise, sometimes I'll just wear them without music as earplugs.

Cheap and effective. Relatively decent sound quality but I keep them pretty low to begin with.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info guys. I actually found a brand new pair of shure se215 for $55 so I went ahead and jumped on those. Hopefully they'll work out.

·
Banned
855 Posts
I love my shure se215's. The only part I don't love is that I lost one of my self made custom foam pieces. Any one got an extra pair of SMALL foam ear sleeves that fit the se215? I will pay for shipping.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I can't believe more people aren't using yurbuds. They are fantastic for motorcycling. They stay put and have tons of bass. Otoh if you don't like bass heavy buds you should probably stay away.

If anyone wants to try them cheaply you can get the basic kit (no Kevlar cords, multiple ear pieces, case, etc...) at Walmart for like $25 I believe.

Worth every last penny. ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Using the purple ones from Walmart. I ride every day and one pack of them lasted me a couple of months LOL. I just keep reusing them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts