Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 SRAD front end. I am running Pilot Powers in a 120/60/17 and 160/160/17.
The SRAD front end is a bit shorter than stock SV. I have the upper flush with the top of the fork tubes. I was wondering if a 120/70 would help restore more to the stock geometry. I know the difference between the two sizes, just not sure in my applicaiton.

The tire feels fine, but I have less than 200 miles on the tires.

·
Registered
537 Posts
just run whatever you have currently. if it feels comfortably, keep usin the same size. if it doesn't, try the 70. doesn't hurt to experiment.

FWIW, i have a 70 front

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to run the 60 until it is shot, but was curious about ride height. I guess i should get the lenght of the SV and the length of the SRAD so I can have the actaul numbers. This way I can fugure out what is what

·
Registered
744 Posts
The GSXR front end is 19 mm shorter than the stock front end. A 70 front tire will be 12 mm taller than a 60. So if you run a 70 on a GSXR front end, the front will be 7 mm lower than the stock SV front end.

If that 7 mm is still too much for you, you can have a Race Tech 10 mm travel extender installed in the fork which will bring the front end height up to 3 mm above stock. You can send you fork to SV Race Shop and they can install the extender, revalve it for the SV, and install new bushings for about $200.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I put a 120/70 on mine at the same time as I did the swap, and I run the GSXR tubes flush with the top of the yokes- with the SV parts I had a 10mm drop. So I suppose I'm actually taller at the front than I had it before.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zoltan said:
The GSXR front end is 19 mm shorter than the stock front end. A 70 front tire will be 12 mm taller than a 60. So if you run a 70 on a GSXR front end, the front will be 7 mm lower than the stock SV front end.

If that 7 mm is still too much for you, you can have a Race Tech 10 mm travel extender installed in the fork which will bring the front end height up to 3 mm above stock. You can send you fork to SV Race Shop and they can install the extender, revalve it for the SV, and install new bushings for about $200.
this might sound weird, but I do not notice any problems with the shorter front end and 120/60.
I was just wondering if I would gain anything (aside fro ride height) by running the 120/70---maybe I am thinking about this too much?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of 100mm dogbones on their way. Would that increase in height with the SRAD front and 120/60 be too screwy????

·
Registered
744 Posts
Right now I have a SRAD front end with a 120/60 and the rear shock raised only slightly. It's still pretty stable, though it shakes it's head more often now. I'm not going to raise the rear any more until I put a 120/70 on the front. I'm also looking for a steering damper just as insurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts