Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 05 SV650S in April and I love it. I've gotten the fender eliminator and mini turn signals for the front and rear. The next things I want to get are the lower fairings and exhaust (slip-on). So my question is, which exhaust is the best and easiest to install for an 05 650?? I've been all over the internet reading and comparing prices over the different manufactures. Any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love my M4 slip-on. The sound is great - nice rumble but not deafening or droning on the highway. I bought the standard mount so I can still take my fiance for a ride every now and again ;) As far as fairings go, I have no information for you. I love the look of no lower fairing. It looks different than the rest of the bikes out there.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
the 'best' exhaust depends entirely on your goals and personal taste. they're all pretty close to the same difficulty to install. for example if i asked you "what is the best color to paint my bike?" you probably wouldn't be able to help me much.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I would go with a full system over a slip on. with a full system you get the advantage of a larger diameter headpipe and freer flowing exaust, you can save the stock for later reuse or ebay it, with a slip on, you have to hack the pipe, no performance gains, only noise, a couple pounds of weight loss and bling factor the full system will give you more gains all the way around

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
+1 on full exhaust. however, slipons have higher resale cuz u can stick it on anyones bike with some modification.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Holeshot all the way. I asked the same question and am very satisfied with my decision. Their powder black can just looks so good with a silver 03.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
For exhausts, it totally depends what you're trying to achieve. If you have plans to tune the bike, get a full system. If you have no plans to tune the bike, get a slip-on. If you fit a full system on an otherwise unmodified bike it's going to cause you to run lean, and remapping is an extra expense that you can avoid with most slip-ons. The expense of a full system is a total waste unless you're going for power/response as well as looks.

Also, it's not at all true that there's no power gains to be had with a slip-on, if you're that way inclined. Just not very big ones.

Try and hear as many as you can before you fit one. I highly rate the Remus Revolution and Blue Flame Evo with twin exits (though they have a way of disintegrating over time). And mine, but there's not one for the new shape (there's barely even one for the curvys...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts