Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dang. Both seats look good. Too bad it's not working well for you.
You're bigger than average and the thing was built for average size.
You should look into a custom seat. Expensive I am sure.
GLW finding a comfortable solution.

Side note on custom made. I am on the short side and could not find pants with the right inseam length / knee armor position.
Did the cry once thing 15+ years ago, and got a custom fit 2 piece leather Z Custom suit + custom made boots.
Best by far! fitting gear ever and I still wear it frequently.
Cry once, get the good stuff. You won't be crying again in 2-3 years like the cheap stuff. :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeah, I‘m considered ‘bigger than average’ for bikes and planes, and you’ve got me by a good 3 inches and an extra 40 lbs… I fit it okay, but you must find the SV a bit tight as it is. Are you still using the stock rear sets? Stretching your legs out a little might affect your entire riding posture in the seat. Maybe some slightly wider handlebars as well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Looking at pictures of the other seat options I think they would all end up being less roomy than the factory seat.

I feel pretty good overall with the stock seat. I was really just looking for a bit more support towards the front of the seat. When I get back into a comfortable position on the seat I end up with about an inch of dead space under me which typically leads to sliding forward. It’s not a huge deal since I fixed the suspension but still means I’m repositioning after any hard braking.

Comfort is of course relative for me as I don’t really fit properly on or in anything. I’m not uncomfortable enough to be looking for rear sets and I already have a set of renthal bars that are a bit wider than stock.

I’ll probably take a swing at adding padding to the seat myself or go to an upholsterer for some customization.

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki SV650X 2000 Kawasaki ZX12R
121 Posts
Maybe adjustable rearsets could help. Move the pegs a little lower to help some space and movement. Idk how much it would help you, you have some inches on my, but at 6 ft it definitely helped me get in a more comfortable position and helped my knees.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I usually make myself fit in whatever space is available, too. It could also be the style of bike. It is a ‘sport’ bike, so they probably expect us to continually shift around in the seat for aggressive cornering. Cruisers and touring bikes tend to keep you planted more in one spot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So I’m starting to think they may have just made my seat wrong.
I measured the length and came up with about 12.25 inches from the tank to the back rest. Considering this is listed as the longer seat at roughly 1.2 inches longer than their standard seat I can’t imagine any one would be comfortable on an 11” long front seat.
The factory seats measure 15.5 inches from tank to strap. And Corbin lists the gun fighter seat as 14” in this dimension.

Can some one with a Corbin, bagster, or top sellerie seat measure the length from tank to back rest To give a comparison. See the pics below fro a reference of what I’m measuring.

Shoe Leg White Light Human body

Footwear Brown Shoe Sportswear Walking shoe

·
Registered
372 Posts
Did you have the ‘X’? That’s the ‘Tuck and Roll’ upgraded seat you have, isn’t it, which is what comes on the ‘X’ model? Like I said, we’re not meant to take up that amount or seat space. I know I don’t. Now consider their ‘ideal’ rider is around 5’8“ to 5’10“ and only weighs around 160-180lbs at the most… That would mean their asses would probably rattle around inside of either of ours! 😉

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Did you have the ‘X’? That’s the ‘Tuck and Roll’ upgraded seat you have, isn’t it, which is what comes on the ‘X’ model? Like I said, we’re not meant to take up that amount or seat space. I know I don’t. Now consider their ‘ideal’ rider is around 5’8“ to 5’10“ and only weighs around 160-180lbs at the most… That would mean their asses would probably rattle around inside of either of ours! 😉
Yea it’s the tuck and roll seat but the dimensions are the same for the standard just a bit more padding that raises it up about 5mm. I can move around a good bit back and forth while still staying in front of the strap. The problem with the other seat is that it locks me into the tank with no room to move. Not the best on a twisty road.

looking at the website too sellerie lists that their seat provided the same space as the standard seat so I would at least expect the seat to be in the 13-14” range like the Corbin seats and14-15” range for the long option. I’m asking top sellerie what their specs are hopefully I can get an answer or process a return if nothing else. I’ll still lose out on shipping both ways tho

41 - 50 of 50 Posts