Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in the UK and bought my Bagster seat from Silverstone Motor online based in France:-

BAGSTER Suzuki SV 650 2016 2020 motorcycle comfort READY LUXE saddle - 5367Z

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I got it for about £250 on a deal they were doing through their website at the time, but looks like it's currently showing at 315 euros. It took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive but it was well worth the wait and the communication from Silverstone Motor was excellent! You can customise the seat when you order it to choose the stitching colour and whether you want "sv650" embroidered on it too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I live in the UK and bought my Bagster seat from Silverstone Motor online based in France:-

BAGSTER Suzuki SV 650 2016 2020 motorcycle comfort READY LUXE saddle - 5367Z

View attachment 61791

I got it for about £250 on a deal they were doing through their website at the time, but looks like it's currently showing at 315 euros. It took about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive but it was well worth the wait and the communication from Silverstone Motor was excellent! You can customise the seat when you order it to choose the stitching colour and whether you want "sv650" embroidered on it too.
That seat looks pretty sweet. Hopefully the one I ordered is just as nice. The bagster was going to cost about 315 after shipping and the top sellerie seat was 388 after shipping. Hopefully it’s worth the price difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone have any feedback on Corbin Vs Sargent..? they both look good, fairly similar, not too far apart in price, well reviewed....

I know Corbin has xlnt rep & been around forever, not familiar w Sargent..?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Anyone have any feedback on Corbin Vs Sargent..? they both look good, fairly similar, not too far apart in price, well reviewed....

I know Corbin has xlnt rep & been around forever, not familiar w Sargent..?
Well Sargent dosnt list a seat for the Gen 3 unless I missed it. I should get my top sellerie in about 2 weeks and will report on its quality. The seat is fully customizable to your taste which I thought was a nice bonus. After including what I could sell my seat for (150-200) the relative cost is about 538-588 dollars so still cheeper than the Corbin. I also got every option except for heat. Depending on what you choose it could be even cheeper.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
At these prices, I have a message.
Dear Lee's ass.
You don't need an iron butt.
But, harden TF Up!
Feel the burn. :ROFLMAO:

At least for now.
Hahaha that’s the truth.
Actual out of pocket for my seat was 388 custom made and shipped from France I don’t think it’s too bad. I just call it 580 since I could have sold the stock seat I have for 150-200 if I was able to keep it. Once I have the new seat I won’t need it and I’d rather not deal with trying to sell and ship it anyway.

If you go with the bagster which gets pretty good reviews and then sell your stock seat you end up at only 150 out of pocket so not to bad of a deal for an improved seat. I wanted the fancy stitching and taller/longer seat so I went for the custom seat. It was a close call tho I came pretty close to going with the ready made bagster due to cost savings.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm sure it can be a worthwhile upgrade.
But $400 for a seat, $500 or so for an exhaust can.
How much in suspension?
A few more Benjamins for other stuff.
Soon you are talking real money. :rolleyes:

I just coughed up $9,000+ OTD for the bike, including my trade in.
I did order a luggage rack to go with my top case. Some swingarm spools and little stuff.
Thinking about tipover protection / frame sliders. Those are not expensive.

But spending another $1,000 or more will wait for the bank account to cool down.
And me to get past the break in miles and make good friends with the machine. :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Now just think, some buy much more expensive bikes with much better OEM equipment, and STILL spend that much and more for third party upgrade parts! 😳

I should get my top sellerie in about 2 weeks and will report on its quality.
One surprising turn that Kairyu Rider said on YouTube was that the Bagster was feeling a little ‘cheap’! 🤔

·
Registered
606 Posts
Concerning Top Sellerie, I guess they might have been raising their prices.

I had them perform a conversion to a grand comfort seat over my OEM tuck 'n' roll one, and (shipping included) I paid about 300 euros back in January 2020.
Sure, shipping to/from Italy is cheaper, I bought the conversion during Christmas sales (they were offering gel inserts for free), it was two years and a half ago, but 500 bucks seems to be a bit steep.

If you have time, I would advise to look for Christmas offers, where they usually have rebates.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure it can be a worthwhile upgrade.
But $400 for a seat, $500 or so for an exhaust can.
How much in suspension?
A few more Benjamins for other stuff.
Soon you are talking real money. :rolleyes:

I just coughed up $9,000+ OTD for the bike, including my trade in.
I did order a luggage rack to go with my top case. Some swingarm spools and little stuff.
Thinking about tipover protection / frame sliders. Those are not expensive.

But spending another $1,000 or more will wait for the bank account to cool down.
And me to get past the break in miles and make good friends with the machine. :)
It really depends upon what you are going to do with the bike, if you plan on putting some long mile trips in, the seat is probably worth it. If you plan on using it for short trips, running around town and the occasional track day, the suspension would be a better upgrade.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It really depends upon what you are going to do with the bike, if you plan on putting some long mile trips in, the seat is probably worth it. If you plan on using it for short trips, running around town and the occasional track day, the suspension would be a better upgrade.
Good points. I have no plans for track days. Probably no overnight trips beyond a few days and time soon.
Just gonna do a few little things that I deem important to me.
Maybe frame sliders / tipover protection.

We are planning a move, and that is more my focus lately.
Trading the Ducati Monster for the Suzuki Monster was part of the plan to downsize maint costs and difficulty.
I didn't want to have to haul the Duc 150 miles one way to a dealer.
Hopefully with Suzi I can avoid hauling to a dealer, but if I must it is much closer. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well I’ve put a few hundred miles on the bike and I can say at this point with stiffer springs up front the stock seat is more comfortable. It’s still not the best but it’s livable for shorter rides. Before the new front springs it was unbearable even for short sprints. The seat angle was steeper and the fork was constantly diving so I was always on the narrowest part of the seat crushed against the tank. With the heavier springs and shock oil I can easily stay further back on the seat in a more comfortable position.
If I had changed the springs before buying the seat I probably would have held off a bit on getting it. With how it is now 30-60 minute rides are fine with the stock seat but anything more and it becomes very uncomfortable at least for me. I’m still glad I decided to buy the nicer seat since I plan on doing a few longer rides but it’s not a necessity anymore. Now it will probably be more of a nice to have. Maybe I’ll change my tune once I get on the new seat and have my mind blown.
I’d say if you plan to keep the bike for more than a year or two it’s a worth while investment. If your going to ditch the sv for something else relatively quickly then it’s not going to be worth it to drop 300-600 on a seat. The suspension on the other hand is a must do if your north of 250lbs regardless of how long you plan to ride. The amount of improvement for 170 bucks in springs and oil is a real game changer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The suspension on the other hand is a must do if your north of 250lbs regardless of how long you plan to ride. The amount of improvement for 170 bucks in springs and oil is a real game changer.
That's like about 100 pounds above what the suspension was designed for. So, I would think so.
But I am close to the design weight so I can't say from experience.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I’m in that weight neighbourhood, and I attribute the plushness in my posterior to how relatively comfy I find the stock seat… For now. But the suspension definitely needs attention, now that I have a baseline to compare it to. Maybe after next year’s riding season…

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yea I’m 6’5” 285lbs on my way down to somewhere between 230-250lb started at 340lb :eek: beginning of May, “That’s a huge bi***” :ROFLMAO:. So to say the least the bike was under sprung for me when I got it the last weekend of June. Every pound I lose makes the bike faster and improves handling. Free upgrades 😬. My suspension mods are targeted at my goal weight so it’s good motivation lol. Lean and mean I’ll still be oversized for just about any bike tho.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well the seat is here and it’s nice. The build quality is good and it has a lot more padding on both the front and rear seat. The red is more orange but that is fine with me.

On the down side tho I don’t think I will be able to use it. My butt is just too big. With the stock seat I scoot all the way back to the strap and the end of the new seat is at least 3inches in front of the strap. This is disappointing because I got the “long” front seat option which supposedly makes the seat an inch longer than their standard. I’m not sure how any one could sit on a standard length seat if this is considered long. The front and rear seats are nearly the same length which is grate for the passenger but I’m not really looking to take anyone with me since my wife will be riding her own bike.

It’s a nice seat but is going to be better for someone much smaller than me. I may have to go to a local upholstery shop to have it modified or modify my stock seat. For now I’m not sure how this will go. You may see a nice unused top sellerie seat for sale in the near future.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

21 - 40 of 50 Posts