Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some info on a better seat. I see there is a Corbin seat and a bagster seat available for my 2018 sv. Is the Corbin really worth 620? Where can I get the bagster the only website I can find says its a 20+ day delivery time.

Are there any other seats available forthe gen3. Side note I’ve got the tuck and roll seat and it sucks.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I need some info on a better seat. I see there is a Corbin seat and a bagster seat available for my 2018 sv. Is the Corbin really worth 620? Where can I get the bagster the only website I can find says its a 20+ day delivery time.

Are there any other seats available forthe gen3. Side note I’ve got the tuck and roll seat and it sucks.

thanks for the help.
I don't know what crossed Suzuki's mind to make such a cheap and bad seat, everyone changes it, it's unbearable, it's been around for 7 years with the same crap and they don't improve it. To top it off, the extra seat that I bought for an update is the tuck and roll that I bought and it's the same crap and even worse, money wasted

From what I've seen, both bagster and top sellerie are good options at a reasonable price, I bought a bagster at motostorm.it 30 days ago and they still haven't even sent it to me, they don't answer anything either, very bad company, I still don't know what it's going to happen, so good, I make this comment so that you take it into account regarding the purchase in motostorm, the seat seems to be worth it, I'll tell you when I receive it and try it, if I'm going to receive it and It wasn't a scam...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have the Suzuki tuck and roll. I really like it, not sliding forward like on the original oem and its easy to move around on with good rear tire feel. That being said I seem to be the only one on this forum that likes it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've had Corbin seats on other bikes, they are very nice for long distance riding, they are also very very firm and take a while the break in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Suzuki tuck and roll. I really like it, not sliding forward like on the original oem and its easy to move around on with good rear tire feel. That being said I seem to be the only one on this forum that likes it.
I was so disappointed with the motorcycle because of the seat that I put the motorcycle up for sale. I did not sell it because with the level of inflation we have in Argentina, around 80% per year and increasing, it is no longer convenient to change motorcycles so I took it out of the sale. but very disappointed with suzuki for that seat. the rest of the bike is excellent

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I can get it for about 400 bucks plus my seat. ends up being about the same price as the Corbin since I can probably sell my tuck and roll for 160+. I like the idea of a taller longer seat so that’s a nice option.

Do you know how long top sellerie takes to process and ship? I can get the bagster in 20 days and the Corbin a little faster.

Does anyone have experience with the custom seats?

·
Registered
603 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had submitted a custom order to TopSellerie and got the seat in roughly 3 weeks. Money extremely well spent IMO. That said, I'll probably do a DIY job on my VStrom 1000 or go to a local-ish seat shop that's well renowned (and about the same $$$ as TS).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I do: here you can find my whole experience with Top Sellerie.
If you have any further question, do not hesitate to ask.
I had submitted a custom order to TopSellerie and got the seat in roughly 3 weeks. Money extremely well spent IMO. That said, I'll probably do a DIY job on my VStrom 1000 or go to a local-ish seat shop that's well renowned (and about the same $$$ as TS).
How did you set yours up. I specked out a for tall and long seat with gel which adds 3cm in height and length to the base seat. I’m a big guy 6’5” 290. So I’m hoping the extra inch will improve comfort for me. My wife is small and will ride her bike most of the time so I’ll only need the passenger seat once in a while.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a 30" inseam so I kept the seat height and length stock. Gel padding. Very comfy.
I put a gel pad in my Ultra Classic seat, I think it made it less comfortable. I ended up getting a AirHawk knock off from Amazon for $35. About half full of air it works very well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you return your old seat? Wondering what the cost of return shipping is or if they included it in the total cost.
I sold my seat locally for more than the core charge. Had I not sold it I'd keep it to sell with the bike and part out the TS seat for more $.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like I can get it for about 400 bucks plus my seat. ends up being about the same price as the Corbin since I can probably sell my tuck and roll for 160+. I like the idea of a taller longer seat so that’s a nice option.

Do you know how long top sellerie takes to process and ship? I can get the bagster in 20 days and the Corbin a little faster.

Does anyone have experience with the custom seats?
[/QUOTE

hopefully you get the bagster in 20 days. I am going on the 30th day of waiting and there is still no news of the seat. arm yourself with patience and the thing is not how they sell you in online stores

·
Registered
603 Posts
I shipped my OEM tuck 'n' roll seat to Top Sellerie in late December, since in deep winter I don't ride, and got it back reworked at the end of January: my seat is standard length and height (I'm 174cm x 80kg, roughly 29" inseam), with gel inserts for both riders.

Honestly I don't remember if cost for shipping them the seat was included in the total price, return shipping was certainly included.

So far I'm greatly satisfied with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That’s interesting. There’s a local guy that does gel inserts. Wonder if the results would be the same?
I don't know. I bought the Gel insert off of Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F43Y3R4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Followed the instructions in a you tube video to remove the cover, shape the gel insert, cut out the right amount of old foam, glue in the gel insert, covered it with some head liner material and put the cover back on.

For my delicate heinie the gel pad didn't seem to help, but this air pad about half full of air.works.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I considered trying to shape the seat myself with pad like that. I figured I might end up wasting the money if I’m not able to get it right. I also want the added height and length so I figured the stock cover might end up being to small.

I designed a longer raised seat with what looks like black leather and some red stitching/piping and the SV logo. Should be pretty nice hopefully I’ll have it next month. I’ll post some pictures when it gets in.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts