Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dillweed said:
Guys, I'm really looking for a comparison between all the different seats available. I need a new seat and I need to know what they feel like.
i don't think it's as critical on a motorcycle than a bicycle. bicycle seats are smaller and concentrate the pressure whereas a motorbike seat is wider, and it's more like sitting on a stool. if anything your ass will be sore, rather than the taint. :?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well I dunno......for some reason my "taint" has been sore lately......hope it's not prostate cancer or something :roll:

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Scotch said:
Dillweed said:
Well I dunno......for some reason my "taint" has been sore lately......hope it's not prostate cancer or something :roll:
Have you had trouble urinating, especially at night? Difficult erection? Painful ejaculation? Blood or urine in your semen?

If so, I recommend: http://www.prostatecancerfoundation.org/

If not, I recommend: http://www.corbin.com/
no, no, no, and no.....maybe it was because of getting back on the mtn bike recently

So what does the Corbin feel like compared to the Sargent

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, I got a new suz gel seat for my 760 mile weekend trip because I couldn't get the Corbin in time...

All I have to say is...the left side of my scrote is numb and I have bruises on my assbones.

p.s. the feeling has started to come back...at least it was only numb on the surface of the skin, cause I'd have hated to have busted a nut and not felt it!

p.p.s. E.T. footy pajama's were worn under my ballistic 5.0 pants...maybe that was the problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i meant the corbin is better, they both curve up the tank a little, but the corbin is better than the sargent IMO. Both are waaaaaaaay better than stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok. I've had the gel seat for about 2 months now and went on a 4 hour ride this weekend (I ride every day, and have put about 3k on the bike 45 minutes or less at a time since I got the seat.

Well, the damn thing still presses on my prostate too much and makes my balls go numb. For short rides, it's awesome, but longer ones are hell still.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Corbin or the new Sargent for the 04+, does anyone have any insight as to how these work as far as ball busting? I like to sit pretty far forward in the seat, or at least my gel seat MAKES me sit forward in the seat, it's the only way I feel planted and stable in the seat.

So do how do the sargent and corbin compare to each other in the nacho pressure department?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last weekend while on the sv, I hit a bump while breaking. It made me think that the bike was made for a woman. Can't they have put a dent in the tank for the boys.

FYI dirty greasy work pants and boxers.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
No mention of bringing it to an upholsterer and using high quality automotive dense foam?

I thing the reason why the seat hurts the butt so bad is the foam is too soft and focuses the pounding on the pelvic bones.

I will be keeping my eye out for a stock seat to buy for cheap so I can experiment on.

socalsvrider has a big thread on this guy they use to change out the foam on their seats for sixty bucks or less.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Try riding a GS for awhile, talk about hard on the jewls :-\. I know some of you may not like the stocker and I can see why as after a longer sprint I get irritated by it. If I were to move up I would like to try a gel seat, Ive heard wonders about them on a GS and Ive sat on a pedal bike one, and if they make those pedal bike seats half way comfortable I can only imagine how it would do on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The "up-turn" on the nose of both the corbin and sargent seats will actually protect your twig and berries quite nicely.
It prevents you from slamming forward into the tank.

;D

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.