Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a can for my Speed Four.  I want loud, the throatier and louder the better.  One cool thing about the S4 and TT600?  All the cans 'bolt' on just like the OEM can.  Look when the main exhaust pipe hits the back of the can in this pic, three bolts - no cutting.

Jardine RT-1 Alum / Carbon
Scorpion Stainless / Carbon
Two Brothers C2/C4/C5 Alum / Carbon / Ti

Anyone got a buddy with any kind of 600CC I-4 that has one of the above brands? How loud?

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
a friend of mine has a two brothers carbon slip-on for his 600RR and it sounds awesome.

-but wouldnt this get more results on a triumph board?
-does this violate the rules since its not SV related?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dackler said:
a friend of mine has a two brothers carbon slip-on for his 600RR and it sounds awesome.

-but wouldnt this get more results on a triumph board?
-does this violate the rules since its not SV related?
Cool, one vote for Two Brothers. Carbon cans always seem louder.

I've already posted it to my main Triumph forum, just thought I'd post it here because it gets much more traffic, and since all modem 600 I-4's *pretty much* sound the same, just need someone who has a friend or a second bike that's an I-4 to get opinions.

I looked at the open forum, but it's pretty much non motorcycle related, mostly regular topics of discussion. The main forum also gets way more traffic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ASCSurveyor said:
Why do you want it so loud?  Is the the mentality of "loud pipes save lives"?
Nope, I just like loud bikes, the louder the better.  It gives any bike so much more character.  You think Harley's would be popular if they sounded like a stock Honda Shadow 750?

Nothing beats sitting on your back porch in the woods with a beer, and coming out of the distance you hear a loud piped I-4 sportbike with a skilled rider on board, braking hard and blipping the downshifts cleanly into the corners, working his way up the twisty road out in front of the house.  I close my eyes and listen.  It reminds me of lying on my blanket along the edge of a tree line at any of the road race circuits I've been to, listening to the engine notes echoing through the trees.

Nothing sounds better than motorsports within earshot while under heavy tree cover. 

Formula One at Hockenheim-Ring, in the trees.  Listen to this on good speakers and crank it.

http://www.jasonfagan.com/files/motorsport/F1hockenheim.mp3

·
Registered
53 Posts
I prefer a more mellow tone on my Speed Four, I'd rather listen to my intake scream.

If you want volume go with the Triumph carbon race can. Your dealer will be able to download the proper fuel map designed for that can.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Nothing beats sitting on your back porch in the woods with a beer, and coming out of the distance you hear a loud piped I-4 sportbike with a skilled rider on board, braking hard and blipping the downshifts cleanly into the corners, working his way up the twisty road out in front of the house.
Or sitting in your cruiser behind a billboard waiting to turn out your radar at just the right time, cause you KNOW this guy is going over 55. ;D

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ASCSurveyor said:
Or sitting in your cruiser behind a billboard waiting to turn out your radar at just the right time, cause you KNOW this guy is going over 55. ;D
My backroads = no billboards, no cops.  Seriously, 30,000 miles all up and down my palette of back roads and I've never seen a cop on them while I'm hunkered down and going for it.  When I'm on open roads I go exactly the speed limit cause it ain't worth getting a ticket for 62 in a 55, when surely there will be an 92 in a 45 *eventually*

So far:
Two Bros = 1
Triumph Race = 1

Any more votes for pipes?

·
Registered
667 Posts
My buddy had a POS Cobra on his R6 when he bought it. He was going to scrap it for a Yosh, but it sounded TOO mean. For the cheapest pipe available, that thing sounded like the vacuum cleaner from Hell when you kissed the redline. Anyway, I would vote for the TwoBros, I test rode a CBR600 with the full system, sounded incredible.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmmm, I vote for the round, 2Bros CF.  Best sounding pipe I believe.  Had em on SVs and now on my R6.  Loud enough but not obnoxious.  From the sound clips I've heard on R6's it's a bit throatier  (deeper)  than most.

I love posting pics of my Yammy on SVRider!    :p

The sound of a I4 getting it?  Intoxicating is the word that best describes it for me.

RD

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
two brothers do sound pretty good.. their cans are a bit longer and have a wider inside diameter than many others, so they are a lot deeper sounding.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i put a yoshimura rs3 with a racing baffle on my 2005sv it is very throaty sounding. it will give you about twice the sound you have now and it looks really good

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
i think the triumph cans are alot more money, i'd go with a scorpion, they are made in england and you do have a british bike

edit: more will sound the same, it is after all the motor that makes the noise and not the can, what you want to look for are build quality

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
thejimdaddy said:
i think the triumph cans are alot more money, i'd go with a scorpion, they are made in england and you do have a british bike
scorpion this scorpion that.. jeez just shut up already ::)

jk i luv u :-*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts